No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome can't wait for the pics. Had any more visits by the tree hugger leftist chick??????

Comment

One heck of a find you have going GarGuy! Keep at it

Comment

Originally posted by jbird77 View Post
        I know you've done the math on here, but I still can't wrap my head around how there are so many points in one location. I've never found and arrowhead and wouldn't even know how to get started. It just amazes me how you located such an area and had so much belief in it that you bought it just to dig. I love this thread. When I think of buying property, it's to retire on!! Keep it up, I'm lovin it!
        People ask this question over and over so i will try to do a better job of answering...

Lets say you locate a fair site. There are thousands of them around East Tx as well as all over the state. You go out with a shovel and hand sifter and sift a 3ft by 3ft area 3ft deep. Thats a cubic yard. You go around the site and do these sample digs to determine the paremeters if you cant obviously see them from the terrain.

Just for kicks lets say its a fair site and you find an average of 2 good points per cubic yard. Now we determine how deep it goes and this will vary widely so say it averages 3ft to make it easy. The site is small and is 100yds by 100 yards.

Thats 10,000 cubic yards and 20,000 decent points that you could REASONABLY expect to find. That is how i justify buying a site to dig. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
          Awesome can't wait for the pics. Had any more visits by the tree hugger leftist chick??????
          LOL! No.... but word is spreading. i had five people stop in and drive right past my posted signs yesterday to visit. We didnt show them a dang thing. i was friendly to all of them but shut down while they were there. Otherwise i would have had a gallery of folks watching.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            LOL! No.... but word is spreading. i had five people stop in and drive right past my posted signs yesterday to visit. We didnt show them a dang thing. i was friendly to all of them but shut down while they were there. Otherwise i would have had a gallery of folks watching.
            Time to stretch some barb-wire.

Comment

Just got the call that my hydrolics are fixed. Gotta go dig a while this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Time to stretch some barb-wire.
                It is fenced but i leave the gate open while Im there. posted sign on each post though!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Just got the call that my hydrolics are fixed. Gotta go dig a while this evening!
                  Any luck this evening?

Comment

Can you post any video of your machine in action? I would love to see how it works.

Comment

Love this thread, so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                        Any luck this evening?
                        Yep! Some interesting old stuff found in the same level that I found the Plainview and andice blank. A killer Gary from this morning(striped pet wood), A super nice Langtry this eve, A beautiful agate point that was almost clear and red stripes.

Had fun . Found quite a few nice points.

Comment

Here
                          Attached Files

Comment

awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing. This was my dad's passion in life and my brother and I spent our childhood traveling around to digs and shows with him. Good memories.

Comment

Man just like everyone else im amazed with what you find.thanks for the pics

Comment

Dang man I think you just about got this arrowhead thing down. Congratulations on your success. Cool thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X