Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page 31 of this thread is just awesome!

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Today is the first anniversary of this excavation!

Comment

It's already been a year?

Dang time flies when ya get old

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Today is the first anniversary of this excavation!
          CONGRATS!!!! Keep the post and pics coming!!

Comment

Awesome finds Garguy!

Comment

Just too cool for school

Comment

I had a little luck again today but still don't have camera batteries. Ill take a few pics after church tomorrow. Just a couple of ol clunkers.... :}

Comment

Hey GG, would it be worth while digging in clay? We have found some points digging but once we hit clay we just move on, (Its very sticky river bottom clay).Mostly everything we have found is surface or less than 8-10" deep in top soil.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                    Hey GG, would it be worth while digging in clay? We have found some points digging but once we hit clay we just move on, (Its very sticky river bottom clay).Mostly everything we have found is surface or less than 8-10" deep in top soil.
                    Most of the artifacts stop at the clay but the very oldest may go several inches into the clay. Im actually digging about 18 inches into the clay and finding points down there but that's usually not the case..however...if there are points in the clay, they are OLD! I would dig a test hole and just make sure.

Comment

Thank you sir, i have some points I am trying to ID. Could I send you some pics? I cant post pics from my phone.

Comment

Send them to steve@garguys.com Good focused pics with something like a quarter for scale.

Comment

The number of quality artifacts you are getting from that site is ridiculous. I have had experience with only 1 site that can approach what you have there. It has yielded about 1,200 points to date. Wish I had that shaker machine you use. Thanks for the info about the MFG. I had heard of it but didn't know much about it. I never see it up here in NE Tx.

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Send them to steve@garguys.com Good focused pics with something like a quarter for scale.
                              Sent

Comment

WARNING THERE WILL BE SEVERAL POST! We got in about 5 hours of digging and I have a pretty neat story. Right off the bat, I was digging below the sanitary layer in a good Paleo fire. I got off the tractor and went to the sifter where Dad and my brother were looking material. I saw a big base of one of the serrated blades I have been finding in the sifter. They are always broke across the base and I have over a dozen of them. We were finding quite a few points and 30 or so minutes later I was down in the clay about 20ft from where I found that base. I saw Don pick a broken tip out of the sifter and It just looked right...I yelled at him and gave hand signals to get him to understand what I was thinking. He went to the can of water and washed the clay off. PRESTO! it was the point of the serrated blade!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X