No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do yall ever find all the parts to the broken ones to glue together?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      And you are just scratching the surface on the edge of the camp. I can't wait until you start to get into that sucker good!

Subscribed!
      Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Its kinda hard to say what I do for a living..... I guide and outfit some. Monster gar and alligators. Made the best selling bowfishing video in history (LET EM ROLL) and then a sequel STILL ROLLIN. Run a airboat with a 750hp 572 to do environmental work. Do a few deer hunts and hog hunts. Dabble in the oil industry, Hunt indian artifacts......etc.

I guess you could just say I LIVE for a living. I will share a little. I worked a very high profile job for years. Managed hundreds of direct employees (735) at my last site. Worked 100plus hour weeks on AVERAGE! Got sick and doc told I was a dead man. I actually did die several times. They called all my family in and told me by. Thats when it hit me that i had worked all these years with all these dreams and now I was not going to get to do any of it.

I gave it all to GOD that day and immediately started improving even though the Dr said i never would. That was 13 years ago this week. I made a list of major things I wanted to do. Seven things some of which are very private. A major excavation was one of them, The other six are done, this is the last and Im blessd that GOD allows me to get up every day and live my dreams.

Its important to realize that every day you have is one you arent promised. Live life! Thats all I can say without getting too sappy.

Steve
      Well said brother

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
        do yall ever find all the parts to the broken ones to glue together?
        It happens occationally. I keep hoping for the other half of a few i have. Here is one you might enjoy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well Im disappointed. Someone sneaked into my dig site last night and dug a BUNCH! From the tracks it looked like either three or four people. One was a woman, one was a large footed man, and one or two were probably teens. They went all over the place. picked up a big pile of hammerstones and metates, took a full 5 gallon bucket of debitage(no points in it) and picked up a bunch of pottery.

I dont know what they found but they must have dug several hours considering how much dirt they turned.

By the way...The WOMAN was smoking Marlboro lights.

Pretty brazen. If they come back, i will let you know who they are.

Comment

They have turned up a can of worms, hope you get them.

Comment

You need a trail camera that will instantly text you pictures if they come back. How far do you live from your dig site? Can you, or someone you know, be there fast thought to catch them in the act, if the camera sends you a picture of them trespassing? I have a Covert Black Ops that works great and has no visible flash, even to humans. It works great, I recommend it without hesitation.

Comment

That's crazy . Sorry to hear

Comment

Good Lord. Well, they WILL be back so definitely throw out a couple trail cams. Heck, I'd set out a couple nasty booby traps but that's just me.

Comment

That's cool stuff guys

Comment

I hate a thief. If u get phone service get a MMS camera

Comment

LOL If they couldn't crank up the sifter they probably didn't find much. At least they salvaged a few of the nutstones and metates, and a heavy bucket of debitage that I was gonna use to fill driveway potholes, some kinda interesting rocks in there including some pretty good hammer stones. I want my 5-gallon bucket back though...

Comment

I predict it was some of the locals that used to hunt that area years ago and didn't figure they were particularly hurting anything.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Steve! Did you report it to the sherrifs department? Be careful approaching them if you do catch them, probaly meth heads! I would be packing some heat from now on. If they found anything nice they will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                              Sorry to hear this Steve! Did you report it to the sherrifs department? Be careful approaching them if you do catch them, probaly meth heads! I would be packing some heat from now on. If they found anything nice they will be back.
                              They left a lot of clues. Im thinking they wont be back for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by fo_teef View Post
                                I predict it was some of the locals that used to hunt that area years ago and didn't figure they were particularly hurting anything.
                                Probably not this time. They came in at night and used lanterns/lights. That tells me they knew they were hurting somethng besides crossing the fence between two posted signs.

Comment

Working...
                                X