Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Just curious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious.

I just finished looking at a thread about xbows and it made me wonder, was there any contraversy about compounds when they came out? I would imagine that some thought that compounds were cheating.

I switched to a blow dart gun three years ago.

Comment

I'm still thinking about compound crossbows.

Comment

yes and lots of it

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
          I switched to a blow dart gun three years ago.
          unless its made of bamboo and is standard issue 6 foot long..using only porcupine quill darts.... you're a poser.

Comment

I ran across this article in the Sports Illustrated archives from October 1977 - "Is the Compound Really a Bow?" Very interesting look back at the thoughts of the time

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              unless its made of bamboo and is standard issue 6 foot long..using only porcupine quill darts.... you're a poser.
              Well, this is me, so now who is the poser
              Click image for larger version

Name:	dartgun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24071827

Comment

[ATTACH]336325[/ATTACH]
                Nice dress... the hat doesnt go with your shoes though..

Comment

Ha:d:d:d

Comment

yeah, and that's why I use an Atlatl now!

Comment

[ATTACH]336325[/ATTACH]
                      You're shorter than I imagined. Who picks out your clothes...they have your color chart all wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Nice dress... the hat doesnt go with your shoes though..
                        lol

Comment

I left an opening. Note to self, never again. Also, remove him from the adult table at Thanksgiving

Comment

There was quite a bit of talk about compounds being legal when the archery season was first allowed. It had to do with the fact that a person wasn't holding the full weight of the bow at full draw and thus had an advantage over real bows. The season was referred to originally as a primitive weapons season many times. Idaho doesn't allow compounds in it's archery season and Montana has very nearly voted it in several times over the last couple years.

I was and still am against compounds but toatally understand that some people just don't have the time or desire to practice as much as it takes to become proficient with a stick bow.

I was originally against cross bows as well but just couldn't see that there was all that much difference in them and compounds. They both have front sights, back sights, and trigger mechanisms. There is only 15% difference with modern 85% let off bows so I just said what ever. I don't mind any of them any more.

Comment

Draco, well spoken. I ditto Draco

Comment

Working...
                              X