Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Lab Lovers - Let's see yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
    My female freaked-our with shotgun her first season at 6 months- she took off and ran back to the truck and hid under it. Best advise I got was to not hunt her and bring her to the sporting clays range at a year old and reintroduce to gunfire slowly. It worked out fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes Bill. That is what we did with Ruger at 11 mos. Had him around another lab that he played with and we used 12ga blanks and threw the duck toy. The other dog retrieved a few times and Ruger picked up on it. Now gun fire does not bother him at all. Just a little antsy to get in the water before the shots go off. We are working on that . Here he is a few weeks ago. He is about full grown now at 90lbs. Big solid boy.
    58856 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

This is Drake. He is 15 mos and 99 lbs. I actually got him from a guy on here that lives in Conroe. This is the BEST lab I have ever owned. He's so smart. He's great when we are "working", and even better with the family. We started running hunt tests about a month ago and he has his SHR title as of last weekend (pictured). He will be running in a seasoned test this weekend in Bonham. Great looking dogs on this thread!
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I have a great chocolate. Would post pics but don't know how. He is a ham and just wants to have non-stop fun.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pearl is 1 yr and 10 months old. She earned he HR title last month. 60#’s.

Comment

Lab

Here is mine. silver lab. Her name is Pearl. She’s a decent blood dog. She could be great if I had the time to work with her.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is another cool pic I took...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190315_212521.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	24575141

Comment

Shiner can’t wait for duck season to get here.

But he’s getting to enjoy ranch trips now and he’s loving it!

Comment

Not sure how I have never posted on this before.

Here is an age progression of Drake who just turned 12.

Name:	Drake 3.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24575142

Name:	Drake.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24575143

Name:	Drake 2.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24575144

This is our new girl Bella who is about 3 months old.

Name:	bella 1.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	24575146

Name:	bella 2 (2).jpg
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	24575147

Name:	Bella.jpg
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24575145

Old man Drake showing Bella his tricks.

Name:	drake and bella (2).jpg
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	24575148

Comment

Couple of our CLF. Oh yeah, the kid too. Part of his graduation pictures.

Comment

This is a bunch of good looking dogs.

I have a question. Looking at the posted weights of most dogs here they seem to be above the AKC breed standard. I know mine is. Do you think it is a trend towards larger framed dogs, or just how the breed has progressed and AKC (and others) need to re-evaluate the standard? My girl is registered and 92 lbs. Her mom was 95 lbs. She may even add a few more pounds as she has some filling out to do.

From AKC:

Male Labrador Retrievers should be 22-1/2 to 24-1/2 inches at the withers and weigh between 65 and 80 pounds. Females should be 21-1/2 to 23-1/2 inches at the withers and weigh 55-70 pounds.

Comment

Comment

Oh man am I mad at mine[emoji35]. When I’m not traveling I take him for an afternoon walk ever day. Today I open the garage and he goes to where his leash hangs on the wall and nudges it to tell me he wants a walk just like a thousand times before except instead of standing there to wait for me,he takes off out to the nieghbor’s yard. Didn’t come in after being called 3 times. 11 years old and still just decides to completely forget all training once in blue moon. Labs[emoji849]

In the puppy years this dog destroyed well over a thousand dollars in property and landscaping.

Comment

My buddy Max

Here is Max. He is a little over 2 years old now, 104lbs, and is looking for a girlfriend.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by HuntForHorns; 03-21-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X