What is a Fire Fighter worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
    Lets see I'm 14hrs into my 24hr shift and just got in from my 13th call and am probably just getting warmed up for the night madness YOU TELL ME WHAT I'M WORTH or maybe you could ask the citizens I've helped and their families what I was worth to them today.I'll bet it would be alot more than I make!
    Busy day sir!! I see your HFD? I've watched a lot of yall's videos on thebravestonline.com and y'all are great! And I agree 100% with you. Stay safe tonight.

Comment

Lets see I'm 14hrs into my 24hr shift and just got in from my 13th call and am probably just getting warmed up for the night madness YOU TELL ME WHAT I'M WORTH or maybe you could ask the citizens I've helped and their families what I was worth to them today.I'll bet it would be alot more than I make!
      For the life of me, I don't see how you have the time to monitor the Green Screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
        Oh. And one of y'all said something about FF's not working enough and still getting paid.. Have your ever been a FF? I don't think I or any of us on here that actually knows what were talking about should have to explain the job to you, but I'm sure we could all pitch in and share some experiences of our jobs if you would like?
        If you dont want to explain your situation then stop coming on here ranting about deserving more money, Jesus Christ get over you self son. Go &^%$# to your boss not us on here every other week.

If you get more money then all of us on here should get more as well for having to listen to your crap all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          For the life of me, I don't see how you have the time to monitor the Green Screen.
          Lol. Funny guy!!

Comment

Cuz I can promise it's hard work, physically and mentally.
            I believe it.

Comment

I bet the guys building the streets would make a pretty penny to so the public can get to Starbucks every morning to. Bad comparison

Comment

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Are you saying I'm a liar or are you just a smart a**!
                  Last edited by ShaBow; 05-17-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                    If you dont want to explain your situation then stop coming on here ranting about deserving more money, Jesus Christ get over you self son. Go &^%$# to your boss not us on here every other week.

If you get more money then all of us on here should get more as well for having to listen to your crap all the time.
                    AGAIN- I will state that I am a VOLUNTEER firefighter- so.. In simpler words that means I do it for free, as in do not get paid. So I can't be complaining about my pay!! And again as well.. I was not complaining about my paying job in EMS- I am not asking for respect for me, or any other guy on here, but FF's should never be questioned if they work hard enough or not.

Comment

Are you saying I'm a liar or just a smart a**!
                      Neither.
                      Just simply amazed at your ability to multi-task.

Comment

AGAIN- I will state that I am a VOLUNTEER firefighter- so.. In simpler words that means I do it for free, as in do not get paid. So I can't be complaining about my pay!! And again as well.. I was not complaining about my paying job in EMS- I am not asking for respect for me, or any other guy on here, but FF's should never be questioned if they work hard enough or not.
                        Buddy I was on a large volunteer FD for a long time, I know whats involved and you cant blow smoke up my shorts and not expect me to fart it back your way. Your fighting a loosing battle here.

Comment

Neither.
                          Just simply amazed at your ability to multi-task.
                          Thats why I'm worth so much $ you should see me on an emergency scene!
                          Last edited by ShaBow; 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

OK. So I get that. My uncle and aunt operate a vol. Pct. Almost by themselves. And I also appriceate what public services do. All of them. But I have a job with almost no benefits and pay flutcuates weekly. Some days i might be at work all day and not make a dollar. On the flip side to that I have made my whole pay check in one day, not often. In my 15 years as a mechanic I have worked on many many of ambilance crusiers pump trucks ect. So I and many others keep YOU as a FF going to the person in need. What I'm say is what I tell my wife sometimes. " Be thankful you have what you have, it may not be the best but its what you have". Then there is the other thing I tell people that don't like their job or pay or whatever, if you don't like your job go find a new one. I would gladly trade my pay platform for yours. You might like my 29.00 hr. but make no mistake, you will not like the 20hr paycheck that comes after a 40hr work week. But I like my job and I understand the conditions of which I signed on at the dealership I work at.

Just take a look from the other side of things. All things. FF/PO all of you depend on others to make your job possable. Have you thanked them?(not referring to you jermey just everyone in public services). Sorry spelling. Hope everyone has a great day:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                              Buddy I was on a large volunteer FD for a long time, I know whats involved and you cant blow smoke up my shorts and not expect me to fart it back your way. Your fighting a loosing battle here.
                              What smoke am i trying to blow sir?

Comment

Really, what are you on here arguing about?

Comment

Working...
                                X