Bill passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Is there a study that has been done to confirm that more birds are wounded and die later from steel shot than lead shot?

Without valid studies done with results for either, neither side has any real substance to the argument. I seriously doubt the lead shot ban will be repealed, nor do I think lead in rifle bullets will be banned outside of California.
    You can't really prove a negative. But I agree with you that the lead shot ban won't be repealed, unfortunately.

Comment

If you shoot a migratory bird.. can it still migrate?
      I didn't read all the posts..so maybe I'm committing a sin and missed it..but..whats the point of specifically applying it to migratory birds?

Comment

I agree that you cannot prove negative. Nor can positive be proven. It is all speculation from both sides, hunters and non hunters.

Comment

It would have been just as effective to ban left handed shotguns. It not the lead IT IS THE HUNTER they are after.

Comment

bring back lead shot, then maybe it wont take be a box and 1/2 of shells to kill 6 ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              It would have been just as effective to ban left handed shotguns. It not the lead IT IS THE HUNTER they are after.
              By upping the cost of a box of shells a couple bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                By upping the cost of a box of shells a couple bucks?
                No. By regulating it, literally, to death.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  +1

Ducks are almost always hunted directly over tanks and lakes, where fish, birds and other animals can consume the shot. Dove fields are more spread out, and there aren't as many animals that will eat shot pellets.
                  I hunt doves over water. I set on the edge of a cattle tank and shoot them coming in for a drink.... As Im sure 100,000s of thousand of other dove hunters do! Come duck season I go do the same thing... except I take steel shot...

Your argument holds no water

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                    We would kill more ducks (although maybe not purposefully). Not sure how i would feel about a reversal, but i think i would be against it.
                    I agree sippy, I never got to hunt ducks in the hayday when lead was still legal but I have been hunting them for close to 10yrs now and I do just fine with steel. If shooting steel is better and healthier for the birds then I'm good with it!

Comment

Working...
                    X