No announcement yet.

arrowhead value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the other side. I know both clovis and folsom points are very old, but are they very rare? I have read some about them both, but find little info on how many have actually been found. Are there thousands of these things out there or just hundreds? Thanks for your help and information!

Comment

The base of that thing sure looks like all the Clovis points I have ever seen.

Comment

Yes any clovis is rare. There may be thousands of them but there are many millions of other point types. The short fluting channel on the flip side pretty much confirms it is a clovis to me.

Comment

i found this picture of another folsom point that looks almost identical to the one i have. Although made out of a different material. what do you think?

Comment

Heres a few Clovis's I pulled of the web.
            Attached Files

Comment

While on rare artifacts. This is some of my collection fro running the backroads with my Grandpa in east Texas. He worked for what was Champion timber company back then, and had access to pretty much all of their land. The coolest thing about the big one in this one is that it is knapped out of petrified palm wood. I am guessing it is some kind scraper blade. Man I miss those days.
              Attached Files

Comment

Heres a folsom.
                Attached Files

Comment

You wanna know the REAL cool thing about this Clovis point is? It was pulled out of the water by a fellow TBH'er. Speak up my man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

You wanna know the REAL cool thing about this Clovis point is? It was pulled out of the water by a fellow TBH'er. Speak up my man!!!!
                    I thought I had seen this one before. What a beauty it is.

Comment

Heres the link about that Clovis:

Comment

Originally posted by KickerPoint79 View Post
                        I thought I had seen this one before. What a beauty it is.

It definitely wasn't me...sure wish it was though!! Maybe he will chime in here in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                          i found this picture of another folsom point that looks almost identical to the one i have. Although made out of a different material. what do you think?

Look at the BASE. See the multi stroke fluting channel? There is almost always a nipple between the strokes right in the middle of the concave base. Fluting almost always reaches near the entire length of a Folsum. The base of yours is CLASSIC Clovis. Compare to the ones posted.

Comment

i remember that day well Johnny hard to forget one like that

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                              i remember that day well Johnny hard to forget one like that
                              There he is! Man, what I would do to find a piece like that! That's a beauty. Does Mr. Crain still have that piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

WOW! makes my mouth water!

Comment

Working...
                                X