Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the closest you have come to death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lady fired 4-5 rounds at me at less than 5 yards

Comment

Buddy walking beside me with a .358 Winchester lever gun at port arms with the barrel pointed very near my head lowered the hammer but his finger slipped and discharged a round nearly taking my head clean off.

The interesting thing is... I literally have no memory of it happening. If my buddy hadn't brought it up again years later I wouldn't have ever known. I can't explain that.

Comment

Had a few that I can remember.

I was thrown through a windshield from a 60 mph head on collision, walked away with bruises and cuts (everyone else went to the hospital)

Horse flipped on me and crushed my chest, that hurt worse than the head on collision.

Bull belly rolled in a practice pen, never caught his feet. Knocked me out cold, I was hung up and he worked me over pretty good. I don't remember much of it but I was told it was brutal to watch.

Bull tried to climb out of a chute when I was about to nod for the gate, got about 3/4 of the way over and flipped over backwards. I ended up underneath him in the chute and he danced on me a few times before they managed to get the gate open.

Cut a bent T post loose on a tower blind that had fell over in a storm, it stood straight up and a split my forehead open. Doctor said if it had hit me in throat or neck I probably wouldn't be here to talk about it.

Comment

Right now, dealing with a large kidney stone. Feeling pretty close to death. I can see a light y'all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            Right now, dealing with a large kidney stone. Feeling pretty close to death. I can see a light y'all

Oh dude, I hate it for ya! Dealt with a 9mm on one side and 11mm on the other. Don’t be a hero, once it gets to be too much go to the ER and have bless you with some Dilauddid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My worst near death experience...well I wished I was dead.

Comment

Had surgery for that last 2 years in a row. I definately feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Oh dude, I hate it for ya! Dealt with a 9mm on one side and 11mm on the other. Don’t be a hero, once it gets to be too much go to the ER and have bless you with some Dilauddid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Went tuesday morning. Got morphine for a day and they shipped me out yesterday with tramadol. Last night was unbearable so sitting at my urologist office right now. Hoping he'll agree to break it up since the dong at the hospital couldn't care less and told me to deal with it. It's a 6mm, and my first ever stone

Comment

Same buddy from post #272 was stationed in Rota Spain and we stopped there on the way home from the Gulf War. He took me to Arcos Spain Easter morning for the running of the bulls... To participate... against command orders...

It's not like Pamplona where there are many bulls it's just one at a time so we felt pretty safe. He wanted to video it but the crowds were too thick and we couldn't see so he climbed up on my shoulders for better perspective... Which slowed us down considerably! Suddenly the crowds parted in front of us because here he came. Fortunately at the last moment something distracted him and he turned. and missed us.

I heard a Lieutenant with two kids was kill by a bull that same day, but I can't verify that.

Comment

Went tuesday morning. Got morphine for a day and they shipped me out yesterday with tramadol. Last night was unbearable so sitting at my urologist office right now. Hoping he'll agree to break it up since the dong at the hospital couldn't care less and told me to deal with it. It's a 6mm, and my first ever stone

That was dumb...6mm is way to big to pass without help. OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        That was dumb...6mm is way to big to pass without help. OUCH!
                        Yeah, so now we're talking shockwave or just send in the scope laser. Paying out of pocket is gonna suck

Comment

Gonna hurt one side or the other...the other side heals a little faster.

Comment

Today.

Comment

Had a Camaro SS when I was 22 or so. Was leaving my summer job heading home on a windy back road. Was reaching in the back seat trying to grab my CD book, looked up and it was too late to move. Hit a dump truck head on going around 60. No seatbelt. Bounced off the windshield and ended up on the center console. I was pretty dazed and was trying to get out of the drivers side, I thought the car was on fire. Realized the drivers door wasn't coming open and climbed out of the passenger side. Air bags deployed, smelled like the car was burning. Man upstairs was watching out for me for sure.

Comment

Nearly drowned as a little boy. Was invited to swim at a private pool with siblings. Doing what kids do I was walking on the bottom and the suction from a drain caught one foot. I struggled and struggled and at the end inhaled water during the fight for my life. Finally got free and came to the surface. Coughed and coughed a good while. That was way too close. Probably one reason I had a fear of water for a long time after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X