That little ol band from TEXAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keg View Post
    I like the old school..ZZ................Couple of my faves....'Sheik'...and of course 'Just got paid'.........
    "I met a shiek from Mozambique who led me to the Congo"

Comment

Love ZZ Top! My mother in law is a retired high school teacher from Little Cypress Mauriceville high school. ZZ Top played at one of their proms back in the late 60s or early 70s and were boo'd by everyone. Guess they weren't ready for their style just yet.

Comment

You can sure in the H--- count me in as a ZZTOP Fan. I've seen them many times. The most memorable was the seeing them New years eve 2000. Everyone was afraid the world would end . I said well i'll just deal with it after the concert.

Comment

I've lost track of how many times I have seen them, lol...

Love me some pearly gates les paul rocking guitar...

Comment

Fan here.
            Just plain great!

Comment

Been a fan since day 1. They got a lot of air time on Houston's 101 KLOL when they broke out.

Met and talked to Frank Beard back in 77 - during the days he lived in Quail Valley - out on the then Sticks off Highway 6.

Comment

Originally posted by TxouT View Post
                Gotta love 'em, although I still haven't found that shack outside La Grange...Look every time I go home!
                I've seen pictures of it at the Chicken Ranch Dance Hall!

We went as ZzTop for Halloween once, let me find the evidence........

Comment

That's me on the left..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lilredneck View Post
                    Was This The One With The Steve Miller Band And Santanna also Played , At Fair park In Dallas. If it was, I was there !!!!
                    That's the one!

It was Farmdog's finest (lowest?) hour in the big city.

No respect for traffic. No respect for law.

Man we were lucky!

Cool that you were there. It's interesting that a lot of the senior (by senior I mean older) TBH'ers traveled to see the the big shows at the Cotton Bowl.

The Rolling Stones and Texxas Jam were some other big ones.
                    Last edited by Legdog; 01-11-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      Been a fan since day 1. They got a lot of air time on Houston's 101 KLOL when they broke out.

Met and talked to Frank Beard back in 77 - during the days he lived in Quail Valley - out on the then Sticks off Highway 6.

Texas Tamale Company!

Comment

Big fan of the old stuff. After Eliminator they got way too cheesy like a lot of bands did back then. I saw them at Texas Jam. I would see them again now if given the opportunity.

Comment

http://www.zztop.com/Setlist:0:00:00 Intro 0:01:22 Got Me Under Pressure 0:05:30 Waitin' for the Bus 0:08:27 Jesus Just Left Chicago 0:13:00 Gimme All Your ...

Comment

My dad would turn on la grange when we turned off of 41 onto 83 going to the lease when I was a kid. Loved it man.

Comment

I sat BSing with a guy for 30 minutes in a golf locker room years ago - my buddy walks in and asks me if I had met Frank Beard. If given another hour I wouldn't have recognized him dressed in his golf outfit. He was a super nice guy and playing a money game with friends. He played in the foursome in front of me. Pecan Grove was the course. He lived close to the course and was a regular.

Comment

Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X