That little ol band from TEXAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    Never ever seen a band make so much money singing song about sex! Think about that for a minute. Tube Snake Boogey, Pearl Necklace, Sleeping Bag, Legs, and the list goes on. Crazy and definitely a sad day for the music industry but more so for Texas. You represented Dusty! Hit some licks at the Pearly Gates!
    If it wasn't sex, it was drugs.

Comment

first all time band. grew up to them. the blues sounds are the best. but they split it with rock like no other has or will.
      Dusty Hill will be missed.

Comment

i’m a fan. sad day for sure. RIP Dusty

Comment

Get away from their hits to find the real good stuff. 50 year old tune.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMinTNTCSY&ab_channel=stmfitr636"]ZZ Top Squank.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Yeah my favorite albums are still Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres. They really cashed in with Legs, Sharp Dressed etc in the MTV years and good for them but I prefer the earlier, really raw blues stuff

Comment

Dusty is reunited with his brother Rocky. They are playing together again!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Yeah my favorite albums are still Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres. They really cashed in with Legs, Sharp Dressed etc in the MTV years and good for them but I prefer the earlier, really raw blues stuff
                Agree completely.
                RIP Dusty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rough Boy. One, of my favorites.

Comment

Simply devastating

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                      I wanna go to that home on the range where she wore a pearl necklace wearing cheap sunglasses and was crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man that was just lookin' for some Tush, yeah, in his sleeping bag with the velcro fly!!!
                      Well done.

Comment

Got to watch them and chicago in 2019 when they came to lake lewisville. It was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I like some of the old stuff. It's quality rock music. Classics. They lost me after Eliminator. Way too cheesy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I started listening to them around the time Eliminator came out. It was good, pretty good, but because that was my first impression of them, I was not a big fan of them. I liked the few songs that played on the radio, but not great stuff. Then recently, I started working on making up a play list of rock music, and found all of their older stuff, from before Eliminator. That's some great stuff. I have a lot of the pre Eliminator songs on my play list. Before I found all of the older stuff, they did, I read many stories about them, from the late 60s to the early 80s. Have heard many stories from people who have met them personally. All that I have heard about them, has been great stuff. I really wished I would have been so lucky as to have gotten to hang out with them years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X