dog issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog issue

my buddy has this dog he is trying to give me. His mother in law spent like 10k to train him(birds) . She is getting rid of him because the is moody and so she worries about the grandkids. I want him, you think its a problem? I will put him in his place because hes small, but do you think he will get right with kids.

Never know until you try. Maybe take the kids to meet him before you commit to taking him.

Comment

i dont have kids, so im good, just for future issues.

Comment

Looks like a G S P. They are incredibly energetic dogs. They need tons and tons of energy release. They are very nippy when they are young with velociraptor teeth! Just make sure you are ready for such a high energy dog?

Comment

No way I'd take a dog that has a muzzle on for a picture. Makes me think the issues are larger than what they told you.

Comment

Nope. If one of my kids was permanently scarred I’d never forgive myself. I have zero hesitation to get rid of a dog that snaps at kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              No way I'd take a dog that has a muzzle on for a picture. Makes me think the issues are larger than what they told you.

what he said

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                Nope. If one of my kids was permanently scarred I’d never forgive myself. I have zero hesitation to get rid of a dog that snaps at kids.
                That’s the first thing I thought when I saw the pic too!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

He’s probably moody because he doesn’t have a “ job” to do.

Comment

I would work him in to submission, a tired dog might be able to get its head on straight, if that doesn’t work SSS it
                    those people who put a muzzle on him might be idiots? How well you know theme would be good starting point before saying yes

Comment

i get that all but im single now, now on day…

Comment

i think he had a muzzlle on because infants where around

Comment

I usually look at people as the problem more than the dog itself unless it's a couple specific breeds. Environment is everything. Give him a chance if you have the capability to work with it and space to run. If you're concerned about kids, work him through it by controlling the situation for the first few event. One of the best family dogs we ever had came back from 6mo of training and nipped my son. He was one step out the door but we worked through it knowing he had been in a high stress competitive environment and needed adjustment with caution. Hope it works out for both of you.

Comment

If you don’t have kids and family or friends with kids aren’t in your home, I don’t see n issue with you taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              If you don’t have kids and family or friends with kids aren’t in your home, I don’t see n issue with you taking him.
                              i agree with all this, this little dog does not scare me, i wiil be the pack leader, but i worry about his temperament around kids

Comment

Working...
                              X