Locusts swarm in Sutton county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locusts swarm in Sutton county

Holy smokes it started out side of Sonora and went east for 20 miles, billions and billions of them !
    any one else see them on I-10 ?
    where did they come from?
    and what kind of locust are they
    I tried to get a picture of them at the rest stop
    Attached Files
    Starts
    05-27-2024
    Ends
    05-27-2024
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-27-2024, 12:33 PM.

A couple of months ago when I asked my neighbor in Brownwood about his garden he told me this was supposed to be a big bad year for locusts. I didn’t ask him where he heard that but it looks like he might be right!

Comment

Looks like grasshoppers to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        Looks like grasshoppers to me.
        Hmmmm here to!

Comment

If I understand it correctly, all locust are grasshoppers, but not all grasshoppers are locusts. Cicadas are what we always called locust when I was growing up. They’re the ones that made the loud noise and we would hunt them down with our BB guns. Cicadas are supposed to be having an enormous hatch this year.

Comment

Looks like Locust to me, they are a type of grasshopper
            Fun Fact: In 1988 a huge swarm of Locust traveled 3100 miles in 10 days from Africa to the Caribbean. So no telling where these came from.

Comment

They are all over my place 3 miles east of Sonora!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Looks like Locust to me, they are a type of grasshopper
                Fun Fact: In 1988 a huge swarm of Locust traveled 3100 miles in 10 days from Africa to the Caribbean. So no telling where these came from.
                Yeah I was reading up on locust today after getting home, really is no telling where they came from, the shear number I saw was was shocking, huge also

Comment

Good bass bait. But how would they travel long distances, they don't look to have wings or at least not big enough to carry them far.

Comment

Working...
                  X