Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket- how much smoke ring is too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket- how much smoke ring is too much?

Or is there such a thing?

and yes, I know it actually has very little to do with smoke and is a chemical reaction between a protein and released gases due to combustion
    Attached Files

Did you dry brine before smoking?

Comment

that looks great to me!!!

Comment

Perfect

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
          Did you dry brine before smoking?
          No. Seasoned it with Holy Cow about an hour before throwing in in the smoke. Smoked it for 19+ hours at about 225 for the full cook

Comment

In my worthless opinion you can’t have too much smoke ring but you can dry out a brisket flat. If it’s moist I wouldn’t worry about the color.

Comment

Looks excellent! Did it stink to start with? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                In my worthless opinion you can’t have too much smoke ring but you can dry out a brisket flat. If it’s moist I wouldn’t worry about the color.
                The title was totally in jest. I completely agree texture and moisture are the KPI’s of brisket.

this is a relatively new smoker and I’m still learning the best way to manage it. For whatever reason this brisket had a lot of “smoke ring” like half of entire pieces of the flat were nearly solid pink. My hypothesis is I used nearly 50% post oak bark and post oak wood.

Comment

I don’t understand the importance of smoke ring, but I’m not a big fan of brisket. If it tastes good, is tender, and it ain’t too dry, then it’s all good !

Comment

Dang that looks great to me! Let me come sample a platter just in case to validate it for sure

Comment

Anything over 1/4” is showing off

Comment

What time is lunch…that looks perfect to me.

Comment

Perfect I Say

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            My sentiment as well.

Comment

Smoke ring doesn`t always lead to flavor. My pellet smoker will give a brisket a more pronounced smoke ring than my offset, but the stick burner is my preference by far. Your` looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X