Where to launch kayak in Colorado River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to launch kayak in Colorado River

Wanting to get on the river anywhere from Bend to Colorado Bend SP to north of the lake. I'm in Burnet and looking to get some quiet paddle time in on the water

thanx.

Rivers running about 2500 cfs this morning around bend. I dont know where you can put in a kayak but if you find a spot, be ready for a workout.

Comment

Look up the Texas paddling trail with TPWD. They have a list of access points

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        Wanting to get on the river anywhere from Bend to Colorado Bend SP to north of the lake. I'm in Burnet and looking to get some quiet paddle time in on the water

thanx.
        You can go from Barefoot camp to the State Park. Probably near a 10 mile float. IMO from Bend to Park may be too far once water gets back to regular flow. Could have done it two days ago real fast though!
        Let me know when you need a ride from Park back to Barefoot.

Comment

Thanx Quackerbox.

Tim where is barefoot park? Not going this weekend. Want the river to calm down. Just wanting paddle the river some. I'll let ya know when I'm gonna do it. may be an excuse to see your new house/ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            Thanx Quackerbox.

Tim where is barefoot park? Not going this weekend. Want the river to calm down. Just wanting paddle the river some. I'll let ya know when I'm gonna do it. may be an excuse to see your new house/ranch.
            Pull up Google Earth. Then you can see Bend, Barfoot, Sulfur Springs, and the Park to get an idea of the river and distances. These are all on the same side of the river after the low water crossing in Bend.

Come soon as possible and a good R&R and fish holes with big live bait. Huge flatheads are stacked up all in the river right now. They'll be in holes for a couple weeks (and hungry).

Comment

Working...
            X