Lake Buchanan boat launches ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Buchanan boat launches ??

Are there any new places to launch a boat on the north end? Years ago it was either Alexanders in Tow or Burnet County Park. On Google earth I see a few other launches that should have water now but are any open to the public (to pay to launch)?

BTW - Google image from January 2024 shows how low the lake was. Freaking crazy. I guess the fish have thousands of acres of now submerged brush to live in LOL

County park or the marina at silver creek on the northeast side, the spillway(Big Cheif) has a ramp just north of the dam at Cassie. I dont know of any new public ramp on the northwest side

Comment

we owned a nice lake house at Buc some years back. Loved it until we hit a 4 year drought where no ramps and all of the docks were on dirt. Stored my boat on the road by my house and had to trailer it to Marble Falls just to get to use it - Buc is an awesome lake but never again will I buy anything other than a constant level lake -

Comment

Burnet county park is on north east side. Llano county is open on south west side. Those are free public ramps. Big chief cost 15$ it’s by the dam. Only place to launch on north west side is there is a place on shaw island north side that Lcra set up to launch off a big rock. That’s really the only places that have enough water to launch at the moment.

Comment

Working...
        X