Semi-Live British Columbia Bear hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi-Live British Columbia Bear hunt

Myself and 3 buddies leave Sunday to hunt with Milligan outfitters. I found them through a fellow TBHer when he posted on his trip.
    We hunt Monday-Friday with some crabbing, prawning, and fishing mixed in.

I'm not sure how good WIFI/Cell coverage will be, but will try and update as we go. We all will be rifle hunting . I wanted to bow hunt, but not enough time to practice.....

Good luck!!! Thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Following. Best of luck!

Comment

Well, travel day today sucked. Left Austin at 7:15. Landed in Houston and then off to Vancouver. Landed in Vancouver with 2 hours to spare for our Air Canada flight into Terrace. It took 3 hours to get our luggage and get through customs!!!

One guy made the flight, 2 of us are on a late flight tonight and 1 guy will have to spend the night in Vancouver and come in the AM.

Comment

You will have an awesome time and get to see some amazing scenery. Bear are everywhere up there. Last time I went I missed my connecting flight from Vancouver to Terrace and got to spend 12hours in the airport. That was the only downside of the hunt.

Comment

No blood yesterday. Saw 10 black bears and 3 grizzlies.

being a little picky. Hunted til 11:00 PM. Will be at it early today.

Comment

In for this. I’ve never been bear hunting and now I’m too old. Pizz poor decisions !

Comment

Today was tough. Started hunting today around 10:30 AM and didn’t see our first bear until 8:30 PM. We think he was a 6.5 foot bear or larger. The bear rolled over at the shot and after waiting a bit we started trailing blood. Had a decent blood trail for a few hundred yards, but we heard him making huffs and growls, so we backed out.

we will try again to find him in the morning. Total bear encounters today were 4 black bears and 1 grizzly, all from 8:30 pm and later

Comment

Good luck! Waiting for pics. Bet you will find him.

Comment

Headed out to look for the bear. To be more clear, my buddy took the shot last night. I’ll be on the gun today. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1828.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	613.6 KB
ID:	26802864

Comment

In. Good luck. BTW, did you recover the wounded bear your buddy shot?

Comment

Going to look soon

Comment

Bear recovered. We think he is pushing 7 foot Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1883.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	26803176

Comment

Big bear. Congrats

Comment

Great, nice going. Where was he hit and with what?

Comment

Working...
                              X