Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha outboard dealer in the Southeast Texas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

What is “Good Money”? I’ve got a ‘95 Kenner Bay Skiff Tunnel with a 2000 Yamaha 2 stroke 90 on her that runs like a top. Just bought a newer bay boat and will be selling the bay skiff soon.
    That all depends on who and how bad they want it but I recently I turned down $3500 for my 2004 90hp. Still starts on the first bump.

I know several old school boats mechanics and they all agree that the inline 3 cylinder Yamaha 2 strokes may be the best boat motors ever made.
    Last edited by PondPopper; 05-24-2024, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

You have plenty, it will be ok.
      He ain't wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

He ain't wrong
        You n Justin just ain’t right‼️🥴

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

You n Justin just ain’t right‼️🥴
          Erin and Leslie would agree with you. But I don't salad a thingy they say

Comment

We’ll gang, I pulled Ol’ Grey Ghost out of the barn this evening and flushed out the fuel tank and lines and put fresh gas in the tank, pumped the bulb up goot n tite, hooked ‘er up to the garden hose and gave er a crank with the fast idle raised up. Then I put the fast idle down and gave her another spin and she fired right up and ran like a top‼️ That’s the first time she’s been started in about 4 years!! I had a tune up done, lower unit serviced, and changed the water pump impeller. I brought her home and backed her into my catfish pond and ran the motor long enuf to get it up to operating temperature. Then I disconnected the fuel line, ran the engine dry, and parked her in my barn. She’d been there ever since until I pulled her out this evening and hooked er up and started her up!!!
            I’m pretty impressed!! Now I’ll start my re-rigging/upgrades, etc.
            All that for 3 fish😳‼️🤬

For now, I’m gonna just run with what I have. Heck, the motor only has about 120 hours on it! Now the trollers (have 2 Great White 80# thrust trollers) have no telling how many hours!! Many times, I’d bowfish all night and only run the outboard to leave the boat ramp. Rest of the time, I’d be on the troller…

EDIT: MAN I MUST HAVE BEEN TIRED N SLEEPY LAST NITE WHEN I TYPED THIS POST!!! BETWEEN FAT-FINGERING AND AUTO-CORRECT ON MY STUPID PHONE, I COULD HARDLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE LAST NIGHT... I'VE CLEANED IT UP A BIT...
            Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 05-25-2024, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help, insight, texts, and PM’s!!
              Y'all were a big help! (As usual!)

Comment

I thought you were crazy thinking about a new one. Now you can buy livescope

Comment

Killa, I may not be big enuf for THOSE big boy toys!! I do have a nice Lowrance side scan doo-hickey on it that I've never used other than to test it in my catfish pond... Boat ain't been fishin' since I put that thing in!

Comment

Hell make the crappie get together. There's plenty of time

Comment

I ain’t got no minner bucket!! Would be nice to come fun Ol Grey Ghost tho. Be my luck if I did have trouble you jokers wouldn’t be sober enuf to come find me!! 🥴🤣

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        I ain’t got no minner bucket!! Would be nice to come fun Ol Grey Ghost tho. Be my luck if I did have trouble you jokers wouldn’t be sober enuf to come find me!! 🥴🤣
                        I can promise you that I don't drink on the water. That thing won't leave you and if it does there will be 10 boats that will come get you

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

I can promise you that I don't drink on the water. That thing won't leave you and if it does there will be 10 boats that will come get you
                          All of this is very true

Comment

Thanks guys! That really means a lot to me! I just ordered several hundred bucks worth of stuff yesterday off Amazon to completely rewire the whole boat using all marine grade wiring and fittings... Let me see how that all goes... I'd love to do that just to hang out... I still ain't got no minner bucket!!

Comment

Not sure where exactly you are, but my buddy Mike out in vidor works on and sells Yamaha motors on the side. He’s fantastic, and has a great reputation around setx. If interested, shoot me a DM. He can fix anything and usually has any part you might need, along with a few motors to sell. He did just have back surgery so is taking it light for a little bit.

Comment

Hey Bullets, thank you! Vidor ain't too far from me. I'm just south of Cleveland... For now, I'm gonna go with what I've got since it came out of moth balls so well... I still think I'd like to get his information from you though in case I need to get it worked on... Wonder if he works on Honda EU2000 gennys? I have two of them that are eating my lunch!!

Comment

Working...
                                X