Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha outboard dealer in the Southeast Texas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha outboard dealer in the Southeast Texas area?

I didn't want to further derail the "Outboards" thread...
    I have an '07 90 HP Yamaha 2 cycle that I bought brand new on an 18' all welded aluma-craft tunnel hull and I built a bowfishing boat out of it... Went with the 2-cycle to save in weight knowing that I'd also have a generator sitting on the rear deck... I no longer bowfish and have since taken all the lighting and generator equipment off of the boat. I left the front elevated deck/troller and it works very well in the bay for chasing trout. I'm thinking about repowering it to get rid of the carbs and oil in the gas...

Does anyone have a good dealer that would sell me just the motor at a decent price? According to the Yamaha home web site, the list on that motor is a touch over $11,000.00. Heck, back in '07, I only paid $12K for the whole boat, motor and trailer rigged with a center console and live wells!! I'm just north of Houston, but would drive a ways for a reasonable savings...
    Thanks!

Your present cables and control will all hook up to a new DF but wiring harness won't.

Comment

Bidenomics is in Charlie, you must be mistaken about that price !

Comment

Charlie, I like dealing with Pete Jorgenson in Beaumont/Brookeland locations, not sure if they have any motors in stock. Checked the LMC boats website off of 45 near beltway and they show a yamaha 90 Sho. I am sure there will be additional installation charges but the sho is 9,455.00

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Your present cables and control will all hook up to a new DF but wiring harness won't.
          Yea, didn't think about that... Thanks! I'd probably replace the cables anyway (gear shift and throttle) just because... Tele-Flex seems good as new... Don't think I'll need to replace that.

Comment

Hopefully you'll have better luck than me. I ordered 1 and after a year they didn't have a clue when it would be shipped. I went with a Suzuki instead and been very pleased. Good luck in your search

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
              Charlie, I like dealing with Pete Jorgenson in Beaumont/Brookeland locations, not sure if they have any motors in stock. Checked the LMC boats website off of 45 near beltway and they show a yamaha 90 Sho. I am sure there will be additional installation charges but the sho is 9,455.00
              What is he difference in the regular old gray Yamaha and that Sho? I don't know squat about these new motors...

Comment

The ol gray is a 2 stroke and the sho is a 4. Imo the ol Grey is hard to beat! I know a several commercial guys still running it and there's no telling how many hours they have on em.

Comment

Sho has a little better midrange pep, and the lower unit gear ratios are different. Price difference is likely 400.00

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    The ol gray is a 2 stroke and the sho is a 4. Imo the ol Grey is hard to beat! I know a several commercial guys still running it and there's no telling how many hours they have on em.
                    The 4-stroke F series motors are the "old gray" I'm talking about... They still have them listed as a current model too...
                    I have a 2-stroke now... It has been used so infrequently, that the carbs just do not allow it to operate dependably... I want to get rid of the carbs, and the oil...
                    My current motor doesn't even have a choke. IF it did, I'd probably just tune it up and keep it... Once it starts at the beginning of a trip, it starts instantly the rest of the day... It's getting the dang thing started the first time that is the issue...

Comment

They make a 4 stroke gray 90. I had one.

Charlie, call transport boats and ask about Suzuki. That's where phillip got his and I think where Justin brother re powered.

I'm gonna text you a number for a guy in Conroe. He's off 105 by NW fiberglass. He's an EMT full time and does boat work and trailers on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        They make a 4 stroke gray 90. I had one.

Charlie, call transport boats and ask about Suzuki. That's where phillip got his and I think where Justin brother re powered.

I'm gonna text you a number for a guy in Conroe. He's off 105 by NW fiberglass. He's an EMT full time and does boat work and trailers on the side.
                        Got it, thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

The 4-stroke F series motors are the "old gray" I'm talking about... They still have them listed as a current model too...
                          I have a 2-stroke now... It has been used so infrequently, that the carbs just do not allow it to operate dependably... I want to get rid of the carbs, and the oil...
                          My current motor doesn't even have a choke. IF it did, I'd probably just tune it up and keep it... Once it starts at the beginning of a trip, it starts instantly the rest of the day... It's getting the dang thing started the first time that is the issue...
                          Ahhh gotcha. Didn't realize you were talking about the f series. Alot of old commercial guys are still running the 90-115 Grey 2 strokes. I don't have much experience with the f series but have seen them on a ton of older offshore boats. I dont have much experience with 4 strokes but looks like it will definitely be in my future before to long.

Comment

Charlie. The grey Yamaha is their commercial model. It is 4 stroke just not the SHO (high output). I have ran both on work boats. The SHO models were in the shop at least twice as much as the “grey” ones. I had about 4k hours on my boat with the grey models when I retired. I think they put 7k on them before repower. You can pile a lot of hours on both grey Yamaha and Honda motors.

Comment

Those old Yamaha 2 stroke 70’s and 90’s are highly sought after. I have a 90 on my 18.5 G3 tunnel and several guys a year ask to buy it. If it’s running and in decent shape it will bring good money.

Comment

Working...
                              X