Diversity in Medical school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diversity in Medical school

Seems to be rolling along at a much faster pace these days. Will this affect how you choose your doctor/surgeon?

Sounds like they are not only lowering admission standards but standards for passing and graduating. Of course these are probably the same people who say math is racist. Absolutely disgusting.

Comment

Saw it firsthand with my oldest son. He had tried to get in for almost 3 years at medical school and had basically given up on his dream of getting into medical school to become a doctor. He had already applied for Pharmacy school and been accepted and had interview at CVS and had taken their drug test to go to work there until pharmacy school stated next semester. He had been on standby before at several medical schools but never got in. He was on standby at William Carey University in Mississippi that last year and a week and 1 day before medical school started at William they called and said they had a spot for him. He called me and asked what should he do? I said get to packing and find a place to live over there, I will help you get there. It was crazy but it has worked out great for him. He is almost finished with his third year now and will be applying for his residency this fall.

What is crazy is how many foreign students are in his class out of the 276 total students in his medical class. It is crazy when we went to his white coat ceremony to see how many Muslimism's are going to a Baptist medical school in Mississippi. It is just sad what our colleges have become right in front of our eyes in the last 10 years.

I counted when I was there at the ceremony; white males made up 19% of his class. It was way out of whack in Mississippi, I can only imagine what it is in other schools.

Comment

I just read about that and checked out Lucero’s profile.

Something tells me she’s an expert in abortions.

Comment

It's not the ethnicity that counts its the qualifications of the students. This is Mr cardiologist.
          Dr. Abusaid is a graduate of the American University of Beirut, Lebanon. He earned his Doctor of Medicine from Kaunas University of Medicine Lithuania. Dr. Abusaid completed his Cardiology Fellowship at The University of Texas Medical Branch Board at Galveston and Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center at Houston. He then went on to complete his interventional cardiology fellowship at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City. He is a Diplomate in Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.​

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
            Saw it firsthand with my oldest son. He had tried to get in for almost 3 years at medical school and had basically given up on his dream of getting into medical school to become a doctor. He had already applied for Pharmacy school and been accepted and had interview at CVS and had taken their drug test to go to work there until pharmacy school stated next semester. He had been on standby before at several medical schools but never got in. He was on standby at William Carey University in Mississippi that last year and a week and 1 day before medical school started at William they called and said they had a spot for him. He called me and asked what should he do? I said get to packing and find a place to live over there, I will help you get there. It was crazy but it has worked out great for him. He is almost finished with his third year now and will be applying for his residency this fall.

What is crazy is how many foreign students are in his class out of the 276 total students in his medical class. It is crazy when we went to his white coat ceremony to see how many Muslimism's are going to a Baptist medical school in Mississippi. It is just sad what our colleges have become right in front of our eyes in the last 10 years.

I counted when I was there at the ceremony; white males made up 19% of his class. It was way out of whack in Mississippi, I can only imagine what it is in other schools.
            My son is going through it now. Applied twice and by the numbers should be a walk in. He finished graduate school this year and will give it 1 more shot on my dime. Another option is to let the military put you in. There ar advantages and disadvantages. G-d bless yours and mine for doing something I couldn’t and chasing their dreams.

Comment

Our higher education facilities should be accepting the best and brightest. This is Sickening, in so many ways!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                It's not the ethnicity that counts its the qualifications of the students. This is Mr cardiologist.​
                Agree 100% and for ALL college admissions as well. I would be all for listing a SSN, high school transcript and SAT/ACT score on the college application and nothing more. Or for med school, SSN, College transcript and MCAT.

Comment

I just hope they’re teaching them how to get my insurance to pay for my visit and any tests that are done.

Comment

I might be hittin' up the local vet for meds and a look see in the not so distant future. All the good docs getting out and retiring. All this new bunch does is pill push for kickbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Seems to be rolling along at a much faster pace these days. Will this affect how you choose your doctor/surgeon?
                      Turn off your TV and stay away from the internet.

The mass majority of folks don't go to these woke schools. Stop pouring gas on the woke camp fire. Every time you post something like this that is exactly what your are doing.

Comment

Be sure and thank our liberal friends, neighbors and family members. Their voting has us where we are today. Decades of tolerance is now biting us in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Turn off your TV and stay away from the internet.

The mass majority of folks don't go to these woke schools. Stop pouring gas on the woke camp fire. Every time you post something like this that is exactly what your are doing.
                          If you have evidence or proof this isn't happening please, seriously please, post it up. I believe it's happening in schools of all kinds.

It's a very serious matter even if it's only happening 10-30% of the time.

Comment

It’s everywhere not just in medical school. Look at some of the dumb asp attorneys out there. Check a box. F j b

Comment

It is not just medical school. My son who had never made less than straight A's in his high school career will be a senior at A&M and was told by the advisors 3 years ago, "You ain't gettin into Mechanical Engineering white boy. You better change your degree plan." So he will be graduating with a degree in Industrial Engineering in the fall. With a rich family heritage at A&M I wanted to drive to college station and burn the F....... place down!
                              Sam J.

Comment

Working...
                              X