Survey Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survey Costs

I’m in Brazoria county and need to have 2 acres split out from the total 20 acres that it is platted with. I own the whole 20 already. Any idea how much the cost would be? Most is wooded - not open field.

Your best bet would be to call several companies for quotes but you’re likely looking at a floor of at least $5k and probably a good bit higher.

It depends on other requirements, such as if platting is required, etc.

Comment

Surveyor near Tyler here. Reach out to the surveyor who did the 20 acres for the best price. Depending on what you are doing with the 2 acres it may be subject to platting/subdivisions, not familiar with Brazioria County's.

Rough estimate with wooded terrain $1200 on low end, up to $2,000 for my area if I had surveyed the 20 acres before. Higher if not

Comment

Try calling my buddy Darryl Beard. He's a land surveyor with his own business that does a lot of work in your county. D.M. Beard Services, 832-913-9866

Comment

I just had 16 acres surveyed with 1 acre cropped out for homestead and Flood Plain. It is mostly open so not sure if it make a difference.
          It was $2,500.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
            I just had 16 acres surveyed with 1 acre cropped out for homestead and Flood Plain. It is mostly open so not sure if it make a difference.
            It was $2,500.
            Was that Brazoria county? If so can you PM the surveyor contact info?

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post

No this was just south of San Antonio, in Karnes County

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post

That’s part of it, the location. And I’m in Brazoria county.

Thing is, depending on what you have, research alone could cost several hundred dollars unless you don’t yourself. We don’t have time to do that so it’s factored into the cost.

The land being wooded also factors in because it takes more time to navigate than cleared land does.

And you might well be able to find someone to do it cheaper than what I listed above. I’m just going by where we’d start at due to the research, man hours and liability involved.

Comment

OP, check your PMs. Make sure you keep everything I said in the one I sent in mind though.

Comment

I did something similar in Travis County on 24 acres earlier this year and it was $3500.
                    Travis County wouldn’t let me divide the property into tracts smaller than 10 acres without creating a subdivision. Hopefully you don’t run into this issue where you’re at. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys. Gets me started.

Comment

Working...
                      X