Temple area folks, yall good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temple area folks, yall good?

Had a tornado roll through Temple tonight. Missed my house by about 1/4 mile. Storm brought hellacious winds. The live stream storm coverage I was watching said they were seeing 100+mph winds when it was just to the west of us moving across Fort Cavazos(Hood). I don’t doubt that we had 80mph winds. When it first hit I saw trashcans going down the street doing at least 30mph. One hit the neighbors Camry that was parked in the street with enough force to put a big dent in the bumper and nick out a headlight. I’ve got roof damage and a couple leaks. Neighbors across the street got struck by lightning and their house caught on fire.

I put the wife’s car in the garage to protect it from hail. Figured I better try and save my truck as we have a family vacation next week in Florida that we need the truck for. Took it to my buddies apartment complex right around the corner to park under the covered parking areas. Well… guess where the tornado went through? That covered parking was no longer covered. Truck is beat to hell. Should have just left it in my driveway. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Hope everyone is okay. I know the neighborhood next to us got hit much harder.

Glad y’all are ok
    good luck with your truck

Comment

Not good

Comment

Saw some pics. Not good

A buddy of mine has trees down with one partially on his house, and both vehicals have winshield dame from the hail.

One of Baylor's medial clinics is destroyed. Thankfully it was off hours and no one there.

Its going to take some time to get power restored.

Prayer sent for the folks in that area.

Comment

Houston county took a beating. Lost my 200 year old oak tree that was straight as an arrow and 90-100 ft tall. Been out of power since about 9 last night. Just getting ready to check things out around the property. Winds were pretty bad. I did hear trees breaking and falling through out the night after the storm. Could not hear anything but wind and heavy rain during it. Many with no power this AM.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            Houston county took a beating. Lost my 200 year old oak tree that was straight as an arrow and 90-100 ft tall. Been out of power since about 9 last night. Just getting ready to check things out around the property. Winds were pretty bad. I did hear trees breaking and falling through out the night after the storm. Could not hear anything but wind and heavy rain during it. Many with no power this AM.
            what part of Houston County are you in?

Comment

Northwest. Fairly close to the lake.

Comment

KWTX out of Waco reported 55,000 without power this morning.

Comment

We got power back sometime this morning. I had my main shut off as well as the sub feeds and was back feeding my panel in the garage so we could keep the kids comfortable and mama could have the video monitor.

Got my roof patched up best I could. Truck is beat up good. Going to tape the windshield best I can and take it easy going to Houston. Plan is to send my wife in her vehicle, I drive mine and then use my mom’s vehicle for vacation. Hopefully in the week we are gone I can at least get a new windshield put on it. Just bad timing.

The neighborhood right next to us got hit good. Couple cars are thrown about 40 yards off the road into a field. Power poles snapped and lines down all over.

Was a wild experience. Worst storm I’ve even been in.

Comment

West Temple and downtown Temple got hit hard as did some areas east of Temple along Hwy 53. We had to shelter in place while eating at The Oscar Store. Lots of trees down around there and no electricity plus they had a ton of water leaks thruout the building. I got hairy for sure for about 20-30 minutes. Reports are 500 homes and business sustained some to a complete loss from the tornado. Lots of areas are blocked off from traffic due to the damage, trees and downed power lines plus the debris from the storm. Wife and I left Oscar's and headed to Hwy 53 and saw what was what I thought a mobile home that looked like a bomb went off along with the roof gone from a house next to it. Debris was scattered in all directions, not just from straight line winds. Poles snapped and lines downed about 6 miles north of Rogers. Had to turn around and go back into Temple to get back home. No damage here at the house except for my Martin house. We live 2 miles west of Rogers just south of Hwy 190. We got lucky. BIL said he still does not have power on the north side. Pignetti's restaurant downtown got basicall destroyed according to reports.

Comment

Dang solar farms.

Comment

Might be. This storm came in from the west and the tornado hit to the west in Temple. There is a huge solar farm north of me, but it was nasty with damage ENE of that solar farm/farms!

Comment

Y'all got It coming and going! We were up that direction last Thursday headed for Gatesville and caught a storm. The heavy stuff started about Rodgers and continued almost to Gatesville. High winds, heavy rain, every little valley was a river @ the bottom. Slowed to about 35 mph until almost G'ville. On the way home, through Belleville, looked like a tornado had gone through from that storm. Trees down everywhere, Roofs gone/damaged. Glad I was just passing through.
                          Sayin a prayer for Y'all for relief soon!

Comment

NWS just released info that the tornado that hit the west side of Temple was an F3 with 120 mph winds and another one was located east of Temple just south of a little community called Oscar. It was an F2 with 95 mph winds. We were at The Oscar Store/restaurant eating when it touched down about 1/2 mile south of the Store. It was definitley wild for about 20 minutes before and after. The Store sustained a lot of damage and water leaks thru the roof everywhere.

Comment

Hunting buddy lives in Belton and he had a large limb down on his roof, but no other damage fortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X