Outboards...questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Could happen any time. And later it gives. Don’t hit stumps. All the hearsay stuff kills me.

Here is what is not hearsay. Two 250 ProXS’s with a combined 700+ hours. ZERO issues. But please continue with the bait camp stories.

To the OP (who isn’t getting a Pro XS), Yamaha F150.
    Are you really that slow of a learner?

I mean even IF this were bait camp stories, there are like 10 in this thread alone. And by all points folks that probably have more clout than you.

But keep doubling down on the fan Boi wagon

Comment

What do you own and run? No fan boy, here. I can buy whatever I want. I have had the best luck with the Pro XS over any motor I have owned. Just my $.02 Hope I am not jinxing myself. Would hate to have to buy a back up Skeeter and Yamaha.

Comment

Tell me your a pompous *** without telling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          What do you own and run? No fan boy, here. I can buy whatever I want. I have had the best luck with the Pro XS over any motor I have owned. Just my $.02 Hope I am not jinxing myself. Would hate to have to buy a back up Skeeter and Yamaha.
          Evinrude from 1954, Johnsons x3, yamaha x4, lycoming and one mercury. In 46 years the only one in the shop for anything other than water pumps was the mercury. If you can buy anything you want, why run a sub par skeeter? It's 2024 for Pete's sake

But yeah cant agree more with snowflake. Its anything but impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Tell me your a pompous *** without telling me
            Don’t be jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Evinrude from 1954, Johnsons x3, yamaha x4, lycoming and one mercury. In 46 years the only one in the shop for anything other than water pumps was the mercury. If you can buy anything you want, why run a sub par skeeter? It's 2024 for Pete's sake

But yeah cant agree more with snowflake. Its anything but impressive
              The glitter boat is going with my son to fish at A&M next year. Knock on wood. Then it will be time for a bay boat for me and the Mrs. No Skeeter. But they are sweet rides. If you could get them with a Pro XS.

Comment

I'd tell you what you need to be shopping for is a good dealer. If you can find a really good dealer close to your home who will take care of your motor issues and treat you right then buy what they sell. Suzuki, Yamaha, Mercury, whatever. The right dealer is more important than the brand. All of the current crop of outboards are pretty good. All of them have pros and cons. They ALL break. All of them. I have a buddy right now who is waiting on parts to get his brand new, 3 month old Suzuki 300 lower unit rebuilt. It happens. I had to have the prop shaft straightened on my last Yamaha at least once a year. All you had to do was sneeze on it and it would bend. Buy from a good dealer, run it often and keep your maintenance up and you'll have very few issues.

I currently have a Mercury 300 Pro XS and it is pretty impressive. I really like it. Too bad it is such a huge piece of junk. Man, I guess I should have asked all the experts on here what to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  I'd tell you what you need to be shopping for is a good dealer. If you can find a really good dealer close to your home who will take care of your motor issues and treat you right then buy what they sell. Suzuki, Yamaha, Mercury, whatever. The right dealer is more important than the brand. All of the current crop of outboards are pretty good. All of them have pros and cons. They ALL break. All of them. I have a buddy right now who is waiting on parts to get his brand new, 3 month old Suzuki 300 lower unit rebuilt. It happens. I had to have the prop shaft straightened on my last Yamaha at least once a year. All you had to do was sneeze on it and it would bend. Buy from a good dealer, run it often and keep your maintenance up and you'll have very few issues.

I currently have a Mercury 300 Pro XS and it is pretty impressive. I really like it. Too bad it is such a huge piece of junk. Man, I guess I should have asked all the experts on here what to buy.
                  You essentially solve your own potential issues Glenn
                  . Like you said, run it. The average guy dont

Comment

“Experts”.

Comment

Good advice here. It's almost comical how many Haynie's are around Rockport/ Port A. It isn't because they are that great, or that the Mercs on the back of them are, but to buy one you get to deal with Chris's Marine, so everyone does it.

Comment

. Too bad it is such a huge piece of junk. Man, I guess I should have asked all the experts on here what to buy.

At least you are learning from your mistakes...

Comment

Working...
                        X