Outboards...questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    I currently run a 2019 mercury pro xs 150 and it has been a great motor, Knock on wood. If i was building a new boat it would have a suzuki on the back. IMO id would go Suzuki, yamaha and then mercury, tohatsu. Honda doesnt have a big enough dealer network. You could not give me a Evinrude G2 and would think long and hard before I ran a E-tec evinrude.

The reason suzuki shines IMO is because of the fuel economy and warranty.
    Man I love my g2. Got close to 400 hours on it and problem free. I do wonder how it's gona be getting parts since they have dropped their motor line if something happens. I am not easy on my boats in anyway.

Next motor for me will be a Yamaha. I had an ol ox66 on my bass boat and absolutely loved that thing

Comment

Last motor I'd pick is the merc pro xs. I've seen way to many guides having problems with them and going through lower units left snd right

Comment

I've ran Mercury since the mid 90's but I've also had a Yamaha in that time frame. Both were great motors. Suzuki makes a good motor too as well as Tohatusu.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Last motor I'd pick is the merc pro xs. I've seen way to many guides having problems with them and going through lower units left snd right
          This is entirely false. The only Mercs have lower unit problems are the 400s and above.

Our current 250 Pro XS is the best motor I have ever owned. After twin Yamaha F150s, twin Yamaha F250s and single Zuke 250. I don’t think my Cat C12s qualify. LoL

Comment

The fact is, almost all the modern 150-250s are fantastic. OP was looking to spend $10k on boat, so in that case, best bet will be Yamaha F150.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

This is entirely false. The only Mercs have lower unit problems are the 400s and above.

Our current 250 Pro XS is the best motor I have ever owned. After twin Yamaha F150s, twin Yamaha F250s and single Zuke 250. I don’t think my Cat C12s qualify. LoL
              Lol guess the guides I know that are on their 2nd and 3rd lower units don't count huh?

Those big cat motors are freaking awesome! Buddy that ran offshore trips had twin cats and loved them. Still think he's running them.

Go check out all the bass pros that have had lower unit problems the the mercs.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Lol guess the guides I know that are on their 2nd and 3rd lower units don't count huh?

Those big cat motors are freaking awesome! Buddy that ran offshore trips had twin cats and loved them. Still think he's running them.

Go check out all the bass pros that have had lower unit problems the the mercs.
                Well I’m speaking from personal experience and you are relying second and third hand. Just saying.

Yeah. Love my Cats. I did have to rebuild them at 5,000 hours but that’s part of the game. $$$

Comment

I trust what I hear from people I've known for 15 plus years and use them for a living. Honestly haven't ran one myself but talking to guys that run them **** near daily I'd go another direction. They are pro staff so get them out a big discount.

The offshore game ain't cheap! I cringe every time I think about the fuel bill!

Comment

I might have missed it but what size motor and what is it going on? Bass boat mercury pro can all the way! No question. Small motor Yama hammer!

Comment

FORD, CHEVY, DODGE- Our final decision was based on current data on fuel burn and recent advancements in Outboard technology. All of them build a quality product now adays. The yamaha F-150 is a quality motor. Had 2 on the back of our last boat.
                      Sam J

Comment

MERC owners use live scope and wear Double Down hats!
                        show stopper thread locker!

My vote for zukes, yams and mercs

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post

MERC owners use live scope and wear Double Down hats!
                          show stopper thread locker!

My vote for zukes, yams and mercs
                          LMAO!!!!!! Double Down Syndrome.

Comment

This is entirely false. The only Mercs have lower unit problems are the 400s and above.LoL
                            Wrong

There's a reason the state and national THSBA winners took 2 boats to every tournament past regional last year. The lead boats lower unit came completely unhinged after passing under 1097 at last year's big bass on Conroe. It was separated from the top end by 3 inches

Comment

Force!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Force!
                                This man knows quality. They don't make them like they use to anymore. Force on a Bayliner is sexxy.
                                I actually still see a few hit the docks on occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X