Anyone have any dealings with.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any dealings with.....

Octopus Energy? I've been on Power To Choose doing some shopping for a new electric rate. I'm on a variable rate with Direct Energy and looking to cut my bill down. Any help would be appreciated.

We have Amigo energy, with a free nights plan. Momma sets the thermostat at 9 pm to 69 degrees until 6 am, and as long as we use more energy at night then the day rate, we keep getting about 9 cents a kilowatt. Great for summer time, You might want to see if that is available in your area. i think we are locked into a 3 year plan, but she is good about running the washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher at that time or later.

Comment

Energy Ogre is well worth the $10/mo. They will find the cheapest rate, and when it is time to renew, they again find the cheapest rate and sign you up.

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
        Energy Ogre is well worth the $10/mo. They will find the cheapest rate, and when it is time to renew, they again find the cheapest rate and sign you up.
        Yup. Energy Ogre does all the work for you. Been with them at least 3 years...

Comment

Energy Orge has never been able to find a better rate for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
            Octopus Energy? .
            Do they offer 8x's the energy savings? Cut your current bill by 8%? Guarantee not to camouflage price increases?

Comment

Energy Ogre for me as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

interesting….. Tell us more. They have definitely saved me money.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

interesting….. Tell us more. They have definitely saved me money.
                  Every time I change or reup with a provider I check with Energy Orge and they always say that I have the best rate available, so why pay them for what I have already done. Plus I like to control as much as I can. If a questionable provider should be lower and the difference was negligible I would prefer to stay with the more reputable.

Comment

I looked at Octopus Energy. In my zip of 78664 this is the EFL. octoplus-12m-en-oncor-LZ_SOUTH-202405151600.pdf. It seems that Octopus wants to connect to your smart thermostat for the best rate. There are a lot of parameters to abide by to stay locked into that rate also. Randy, what is your total yearly electric cost? I am with Direct Energy also and have been even when they were Bounce Energy before.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                      Same experience here

Comment

Working...
                      X