Costco hearing aids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco hearing aids

Who has them, which did you get and how do you like them? I’m at Costco now about to start the hearing test and order a pair. We are trying to get everything taken care of before I retire and this is one of the last things to do. Nothing like putting things off until the last minute…

Michael

I got some about a year ago. Got the Jabra brand. They were like $1,500.00 I could not handle the background noise. Came with an ap as well. I bet I visited those folks for adjustments half a dozen times. Never could get them right. I eventually returned them. Not saying it's a bad product at all. They just did not work for me.

Comment

I need a set, but priorities keep changing and they keep getting pushed back. At least my wife knows that I’m not just ignoring her so it is something we have learned to deal with.

Comment

Just a little heads up. I've been wearing hearing aids for about 20 years. They help but don't expect a panecia. Just ask my wife.

Comment

Rextons ; $1600 I think. Have the app loaded on my phone- can make quick adjustments. They are rechargeable - which I have had better luck with than the battery models I have had in the past. I’m pretty active, the rechargeables do a lot better with moisture/ sweat. You won’t find a better deal than Costco for quality hearing aids. It’s a good idea to have your hearing tested/ hearing aids adjusted accordingly every year or two. You won’t regret getting aids..

Comment

Phillips rechargeables here.

I'm headed back next week for the 3rd time.
            1st- initial pick -up
            2nd - after wearing check in. I complained about too much feedback on the left ear (the noise made when someone steps up to a microphone and is too close) . The tech adjusted for this, then changed my ear cone to a solid unit that I do not care for so now I'm going back to get that cone replaced.

Why he put this cone on my left IDK, but I don't like it.

The issue with the solid cones is it makes it sound like I have ear plugs or water in the ear.
            With the holey cones it allows noise to bypass the cone and not have the blocked off feel/sound.

My previous Phonaks had the passive cones as well.

Overall, I'm happy I save $3500 this time around- but the tech telling me to wear them to get used to them isn't where I'm at.
            I was already used to hearing aids, just need my new ones to fit and feel like my old ones.

I'm on the path, but not there yet.

as far as the cones- here is what Im referring to-
            right red has holes
            left blue does not

I like holes
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4408.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	26796792
            Last edited by DaveC; 05-21-2024, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I love my Costco hearing aids.

Comment

I just ordered a set of Phillips 9040’s with the Audio Clip. I knew I had some hearing loss because of a test done some 20+years ago but I had no idea it had gotten this worse. Basically I can’t hear but half of what I should so, hopefully these contraptions will help!

Michael

Comment

Do these hearing aids interfere with wearing glasses or sunglasses? Never had them, but probably need them.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                    Do these hearing aids interfere with wearing glasses or sunglasses? Never had them, but probably need them.
                    They do not. I wear glasses and went with the over the ear model. Tried them on after receiving confirmation I needed them and they did not contact the earpiece of the glasses. They also sell a couple in the ear units but I didn’t try them on.

On a different note, I knew I had “some” hearing loss but had no idea just how bad it was/is. Midway down the test scale (frequency) it goes from normal to almost nothing.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      Just a little heads up. I've been wearing hearing aids for about 20 years. They help but don't expect a panecia. Just ask my wife.
                      Ditto what he said^^^^^^^^^^!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                      X