F150 Supercrew rear door stuck shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
    I had to break that part apart to get door open. Once that is done easy connection and just a couple of screws
    Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
    I had to change a door actuator. Hardest part was getting the door open to remove the whole panel to be able to access any of it. So, sounds like you have the hard part done!
    What method did y'all use to break the actuator apart? I've read about cutting the door apart and welding it back when done and taking a long screwdriver and hammer to it.

Comment

I used hammer and long screwdriver until latch would finally turn loose

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
        I had to break that part apart to get door open. Once that is done easy connection and just a couple of screws
        This is what I did as well.

Just need to get that cover off the mechanism in the picture. I believe they are riveted together.

Like already stated, the hardest part was getting the door panel off to get to that. At least it was the hardest part in my situation.

J

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post

What method did y'all use to break the actuator apart? I've read about cutting the door apart and welding it back when done and taking a long screwdriver and hammer to it.
          I had to get a screw driver and break the plastic housing on the actuator. Once the housing was loose/removed I had access to the actual cables that I needed to release the door.

Comment

Working...
          X