Tactacam external battery set up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam external battery set up ?

Ok I have the tactacam reveal x 2.0, also have the HME 12 volt battery solar pack, I have the external power adapter plug to connect the two, the problem is the adapter is extremely loose, I think it could easily fall out , thinking about trying to epoxy the adapter plug to the camera, am I nuts or anybody have any other ideas ? the adapter plug came from amazon along with the cameras, I have 16 of them, any help appreciated.

We haven't had any problems with ours but didn't notice them being loose when we were plugging them in.

Comment

Sounds like the wrong size plug going into the camera.

We used to run panels on our Reveals and they came with several different cables. Elusive Wildlife I believe, before they started having major issues. Those panels came with several cables and the one that fit the Tactacam port was labeled A.

We had an issue a little over a year ago when the camera my father had out front ended up getting moisture in the panel, which then shorted and literally blew that camera to pieces. We’ve since switched to rechargeable battery packs but we can get away with that since my parents live on the land.

Back to the problem, the male side of the part you’re trying to plug into the camera has to be the wrong size. It wouldn’t otherwise be loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
        Sounds like the wrong size plug going into the camera.

We used to run panels on our Reveals and they came with several different cables. Elusive Wildlife I believe, before they started having major issues. Those panels came with several cables and the one that fit the Tactacam port was labeled A.

We had an issue a little over a year ago when the camera my father had out front ended up getting moisture in the panel, which then shorted and literally blew that camera to pieces. We’ve since switched to rechargeable battery packs but we can get away with that since my parents live on the land.

Back to the problem, the male side of the part you’re trying to plug into the camera has to be the wrong size. It wouldn’t otherwise be loose.
        Same cables we use. The panels were absolute junk but they told us to keep everything when they sent us a refund. We ended up just putting a solar panel to a 12 v feeder battery. Been going for almost 2 years now without a problem

Comment

I think lots of people are ordering the accessories from Herd 360 for tatacam, order 1 setup from them and see if different.

Comment

I’ve been running the 12v HME battery pack on one of my cameras and ended up purchasing these adapters from Amazon. I had to shave just a bit off the plastic tip in order to get a good connection but it also helps keep it tight. Works well with my setup. That I’m buying more 12v packs for the rest of the cameras

Comment

Originally posted by Brush Country View Post
              I’ve been running the 12v HME battery pack on one of my cameras and ended up purchasing these adapters from Amazon. I had to shave just a bit off the plastic tip in order to get a good connection but it also helps keep it tight. Works well with my setup. That I’m buying more 12v packs for the rest of the cameras
              This is exactly what I have and what I ended up doing, I only sanded one down to see if it would work, 15 more to go, I need to get a small dremil or sanding belt.

Comment

Is there an advantage using HME or Herd360 or others? I use the one from Tactacam and plug n play never had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                  Is there an advantage using HME or Herd360 or others? I use the one from Tactacam and plug n play never had any issues.
                  I am not sure, I did do quite a bit of research, saw where one guy had been running the HME for 5 years on the same battery, I have had numerous 12 volt feeder batteries last 3 years or more.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                    I run those as well. I have 5 setup with the Tactacam panels, what ran into was location of where the sun and the tress are. I have cedar trees on my places so that cause a problem with the amount out pic the cameras would take. Yes it lasted for a while but I still had to swap out the lithium packs. So I ended up moving the setups onto T post wity T-Mate camera mounts. That way they sit in full sun light and the coons don’t move the cameras on me. And I haven’t had a problem since.

But I still have like another 10 cameras I’m needing to put panels on so the 12v come In handy if I ever need a battery replacement in a feeder and I know it’s charged.

Those Tactacam setups look like this

Comment

Working...
                    X