Knat Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knat Explosion

Ran off the neighborhood and church lake the past 3 days trying to fish with kiddo's becouse of knats. OFF / Skin so soft works, keeps them off skin but still have 1000 landing in hair and blocking vision, flying up nose, in ears etc...kids cant take it and focus.
    Thinking about canceling our fishing trip to lake Texana tomorrow. Is this isolated to my area of should i expect same at lake tomorrow? Figuring only true cure for this at moment is for heavy wind?

Mosquitoes, gnats, and flys all bad around college station.

Comment

After finding a spider, a dead fly, a couple disembodied grasshopper legs and antenae in my bed, I was just saying to myself, “D*mn, this is shaping up to be a very bugging year.

This, and tons of dead gnats in the light fixtures.

Comment

Last edited by Chew; 05-19-2024, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Seen worse in S. Houston...

Comment

Awful in Houston county. Flies gnats and mosquitoes swarm you. I dig a ton of them from my hair. You slap the top of your head and kill dozens each time you don’t wear a bug hat and head cover. If you walk near water or the woods the mosquitoes are on you right away.

Comment

Gnats are horrible here this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Do it. DOOOOO IIIIIIT. lol

Comment

Should be ok around lake texana area, very dry this spring so no bug explosion.

Comment

I haven’t seen a knat all year. Or ever for that matter. The Gnats are terrible.

Comment

Hope you went and caught something!
                      our cow flies and mosquitoes are really bad now

I would try spraying vanilla and water. Liberally on hat & clothes too

Comment

Knats have knot been a problem that I know of.

Comment

If they fly up my knose, we gonna have a problem !

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            You were going to say something cheeky, weren’t you? Hmm?

Comment

We dodged Lake Texana becouse it was a spittin image of our neighborhood lakes protected no-wind gnat potential. Heased down to Sargent for first time. The lack of bait shops and weird beach with rock wall, and Hot Wheels course threw us for a loop. Decided to fish the intercoastal and kiddos managaed a dozen croker and my son caught his first gaftop.
                              anyone ever pull off and fish that Cedar Creek bayou just before Sargent?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X