May15- Peace Officers Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May15- Peace Officers Memorial Day

To pay tribute to the law enforcement officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and to voice our appreciation for all those who currently serve on the front lines of the battle against crime, the Congress, by a joint resolution approved October 1, 1962 (75 Stat.676), has authorized and requested the President to designate May 15 of each year as "Peace Officers Memorial Day," and the week in which it falls as "National Police Week" and by Public Law 103-322 (36 U.S.C. 175) has requested that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers' Memorial Day.​

Thank you to all those in blue from the big sky state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9902.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	26792242

I lost several buddies during my 30 years. But none hurt as bad as Shane Ronald Bennett and Douglas John Noll. Rest in peace, brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I lost several buddies during my 30 years. But none hurt as bad as Shane Ronald Bennett and Douglas John Noll. Rest in peace, brothers.
      My prayers are with you.

I just read articles on both these men and its heart-wrenching. Shane's death must've been a horribly difficult one on the entire department, especially the other officer involved. I pray God's peace brings him, yourself, the other officers, and his family comfort.

Comment

Deputy Darren Goforth EOW- 8/28/2015. That was one of the hardest nights I can remember. There was a huge family hug when I got home after all that.

Most recently Deputy John Coddou EOW- 4/23/2024. John came to patrol as I was in my last phase of training. Night shift in D1. We met for the first time looking in empty apartments for a guy that robbed the gas station at 2403 W FM 1960. Not sure why I remember that cause we didnt even find the dude.

RIP fellas

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Deputy Darren Goforth EOW- 8/28/2015. That was one of the hardest nights I can remember. There was a huge family hug when I got home after all that.

Most recently Deputy John Coddou EOW- 4/23/2024. John came to patrol as I was in my last phase of training. Night shift in D1. We met for the first time looking in empty apartments for a guy that robbed the gas station at 2403 W FM 1960. Not sure why I remember that cause we didnt even find the dude.

RIP fellas

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
          Terribly sorry for your loss, actually all of our loss because we should all realize the value of your service to us. Those of you who give your lives to protecting the rest of us should never suffer such tragedies. May the Lord bless you all.

Was there a motive for the murder of officer Goforth? I read about his murder but never saw where there was a motive the guy had. Was he just a lunatic?

Comment

God Bless yall, and those like yall.

And thank you OP, for your support of the Boys in Blue.

Comment

My prayers are sent for all those who mourn fallen peace officers.

Comment

God Bless those that have fallen, and those that serve.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

Terribly sorry for your loss, actually all of our loss because we should all realize the value of your service to us. Those of you who give your lives to protecting the rest of us should never suffer such tragedies. May the Lord bless you all.

Was there a motive for the murder of officer Goforth? I read about his murder but never saw where there was a motive the guy had. Was he just a lunatic?
                  Shannon Miles He pled to life in TDC to avoid trial. Standing room only in the court room and most of the hallway when that happened. The illustrious Kim Ogg WAS LATE.

He wanted to kill a cop that day. That gas station was in the contract area Darren worked. Darren exited the store and was walking to his car. Miles crouched down behind other cars and snuck up behind Darren and emptied a magazine. Then shot a couple more times while he laid there. Its all on video.

Two other guys actually found Miles that night and talked to him and he denied leaving the home. His mom had given him a hair cut. I dont recall how many days later that he was arrested.
                  Last edited by Quackerbox; 05-15-2024, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Buried many at SAPD during my time there 1987-2017 RIP brothers until we meet again we’ll take it from here!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Shannon Miles He pled to life in TDC to avoid trial. Standing room only in the court room and most of the hallway when that happened. The illustrious Kim Ogg WAS LATE.

He wanted to kill a cop that day. That gas station was in the contract area Darren worked. Darren exited the store and was walking to his car. Miles crouched down behind other cars and snuck up behind Darren and emptied a magazine. Then shot a couple more times while he laid there. Its all on video.

Two other guys actually found Miles that night and talked to him and he denied leaving the home. His mom had given him a hair cut. I dont recall how many days later that he was arrested.
                      So just a raving lunatic. Such a shame that good men are lost to such insane nonsense!
                      Again, I'm sorry for such a loss for those of you so close to these men and women who pay the ultimate price to keep the rest of us safe.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post

So just a raving lunatic. Such a shame that good men are lost to such insane nonsense!
                        Again, I'm sorry for such a loss for those of you so close to these men and women who pay the ultimate price to keep the rest of us safe.
                        Appreciate it.

Sad to say I forgot about Darren Almendarez EOW 3.21.22. He walked out from shopping and found 3 guys stealing the converters off his truck. They got into a shoot out and he wounded 2. We worked the same areas on the same shift. Gov abbot signed a bill into law named after him.

Comment

I have lost a few friends and acquaintances. Fortunately none were real close although three officers that I have worked with have been shot and survived.

I still teach a five day class and on the last day I leave them with a sobering comment …… The academy can be fun and so is the job much of the time but I have been to the funerals of four cadets sitting where you are today. Please don’t let me go to my fifth.

Comment

Working...
                          X