Question For Metal Detector Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question For Metal Detector Experts

So I processed a bunch of my deer meat from last year which included about 75 pounds of sausage, breakfast sausage and burger meat. I use an electric sausage stuffer for all of this. Obvious reasons for the sausage and to package the bfast sausage and burger meat. In our clean-up my wife found a small stainless washer in some of the meat that the sausage stuffer pushes out of the sides. Its never much meat and i usually toss it because its so gooey. Looking under the top of the sausage stuffer i found where a small screw is missing and the washers in the remaining screws are an exact match to the one my wife found, but I cant find the screw. It almost had to have landed on the top of the sausage stiffer because it has a ridge around the whole circumference so i dont think it fell in to the bin. Long story short and to get to my question would a metal detector pick up that screw if it were in a frozen sausage link or a breakfast sausage style frozen bag of ground? Its likely the screw was thrown away with the trash meat but I'm going to be paranoid any time I bite in to any of this meat.

I’m not an expert, but I do have a metal detector. It would be fairly easy for the detector to find.

Comment

Yes a detector should work in frozen articles. I am not an expert, but have detected quite a bit. I have never done so in frozen ground however, some people claim it might actually work better.

If you were actually trying to pinpoint it to keep from throwing away meat, a pinpoint detector might work great

Comment

What did you use to close the ends, hog rings, if so I think they might interfere?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          What did you use to close the ends, hog rings, if so I think they might interfere?
          I used tape

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Yes a detector should work in frozen articles. I am not an expert, but have detected quite a bit. I have never done so in frozen ground however, some people claim it might actually work better.

If you were actually trying to pinpoint it to keep from throwing away meat, a pinpoint detector might work great
            I only packaged 2 sausage links, 1 pound of bfast sausage and 2 pounds of burger together so if it hit I wouldn't be losing any meat.

Comment

Just chew gently

Comment

Working...
              X