Need your help - Belgium Browning 12 guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your help - Belgium Browning 12 guage

Hey guys ... I had a house fire on Feb 20, 2024 ... lost everything ... working with the insurance on my contents coverage ... I need to find some places to prove the cost of a 1965 Browning 12 gauge shotgun Belgium ... it was my dad's ... had the checkered stock and the fancy engraving in the metal / bluing ... I need to show the insurance company what the gun is worth ... can be a website or local gun store ... any idea where I can get documentation ?

I know it all depends on condition ... and folks always say their stuff is top of the line ... but I am telling you this thing had not been fired over 20 times ... MINT

What is it worth and how / where can I get a good estimate for the insurance?

DWC

Gunbroker

Comment

Gunbroker is where you can go to see completed items that actually sold, but have to log in...GB & gunsinternational will show asking prices.

You will need to note comparable condition.

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post
        Hey guys ... I had a house fire on Feb 20, 2024 ... lost everything ... working with the insurance on my contents coverage ... I need to find some places to prove the cost of a 1965 Browning 12 gauge shotgun Belgium ... it was my dad's ... had the checkered stock and the fancy engraving in the metal / bluing ... I need to show the insurance company what the gun is worth ... can be a website or local gun store ... any idea where I can get documentation ?

I know it all depends on condition ... and folks always say their stuff is top of the line ... but I am telling you this thing had not been fired over 20 times ... MINT

What is it worth and how / where can I get a good estimate for the insurance?

DWC
        What was the model? I could give you the quick rundown in Blue Book of gun values. A5 or O/U?

ac

Comment

True gun value. Com

Comment

It was an A5

Around 1965 year
            Belgium
            checkered stock
            not a scratch on it
            always kept in a case in the safe
            looked brand new

Comment

What gauge? vent rib, solid rib, or plain barrel? Barrel length? All will have an impact on price. As mentioned above, GunBroker.com is probably the most accurate. Go to the completed auctions and you'll get a value of what they actually sold for.

Comment

That is heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by DWC View Post
                  It was an A5

Around 1965 year
                  Belgium
                  checkered stock
                  not a scratch on it
                  always kept in a case in the safe
                  looked brand new
                  Saw one NIB , $2200 , 1950’s vintage

Comment

Thanks guys ... I printed a couple of pics and submitted other documentation ,,, we will see how much of it they will cover

DWC

Comment

If it was vent rib I would say roughly $1500-2000 depending on condition. If it was solid rib maybe $200-300 less...this is based on blue book value, gunbroker prices tend to be higher so use those!

ac

Comment

Gunbroker is all over the place anywhere from 300 to 3,000
                        depending on what the gun had and who's buying it on the check I just did.

Comment

Working...
                        X