First window quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First window quote.

Holy moly !!!!!!! Got a quote for windows yesterday from NewSouth. The guy came dragging in all kinds of crap for his presentation. Looked like the Kirby vacum guy years ago. Anyway, he finally got around to measuring the windows and the quote was $89,062 ! I didn't pay much more than that for the house! But wait! If I act in the next 30 days, I get a 40% promo discount making the total $53,437. Well thats better..............NOT! I ain't got that kind of cash. I'm figuring the discounted price is the actual cost and they're just trying to make it sound like you're getting some kind of a deal. I told the kids that if they want new windows, they can use my life insurance $ when I'm gone.

For that kind of money, I’d simply move. Wow!

Makes you wonder if people actually bite on deals such as these.

Comment

Should be around $400.00 per window...

Comment

Originally posted by thisladyhunts View Post
        for that kind of money, i’d simply move. Wow!

this.

Comment

Years ago I worked with a buddy installing pella windows. Back then it was roughly ( average, depending on size of course) a 1000.00 a window. And this was 20 years ago or so. The first house I helped him on the bill was a hundred and twenty-five thousand for windows and two entry doors. And they recommend getting new windows and doors every ten years. And yes people buy them, we were busier then we could Handel.
          Last edited by critter69; 05-14-2024, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

I'm going to shop for electric rates and just live with what I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Should be around $400.00 per window...
              Yep. That's what it averages out to.

Comment

The windows will pay for themselves in energy savings….on your 412th birthday you’ll break even.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post

But….. but they finance also.👍👍

Comment

I replaced 18 windows in our farmhouse. Cost me $12,000+/- for their best windows, installed, caulked, trimmed and cleaned. They removed old windows and hauled them off. Can't say enough about good things Gulf Coast Windows.

Comment

Andersen did to windows what Eric Simmons did to bay boats. Now everyone thinks it's their right to charge crazy prices just because people will pay.

Comment

Recently went through this headache. We wound up going with Window World and were very pleased. 22 windows for $14k with a lifetime warranty. They come out once a year for 7 yrs to check the windows and caulk if necessary. I never knew it, but the window business is worse than a used car business.

Comment

Before you quit, get a quote from WindowsUSA. It won’t cost anything to listen to them. We are very satisfied with ours.

Comment

is aluminum better than vinyl? I might look into some new windows

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                              Andersen did to windows what Eric Simmons did to bay boats. Now everyone thinks it's their right to charge crazy prices just because people will pay.
                              you sho right!

Comment

Working...
                              X