Talk me out of this 2005 6.8 V10 Ford Excursion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    No opinion on the vehicle itself, although I've always thought Excursions were cool. I will say when I was in high school just about all of us had single or extended cab trucks. Had one buddy with a late 80's Suburban. When it came time for the whole crew to do something really dumb together that was the ride we were taking.
    Yeah… this actually worries me more than the teen pregnancy thing…

Comment

Had an ‘04 F250 with the V10. I knew what to expect for gas mileage and factored that in to my monthly cost. Still came out way ahead. Best I ever did on the highway was 12 mpg. Overall, it was a great truck with a great engine.

Comment

Fuel mileage will suck. Tires will be VERY expensive to replace(unless you go with cheap tires in terms of quality and price). But, it does have the cool factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          You want to give teenage boy an Excursion? You must want to be a young grandpa.

i was going to say you should call it THE GRANDFATHER MAKER as soon as i saw it

Comment

The best thing about my Excursions was that you could load three guys and all their gear and go hunt antelope in Wyoming, and since it was my vehicle, THEY BOUGHT THE GAS !

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1606.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	26790953 Just bought a ranch ride a while back with a V10. So far so good.

Comment

Yeah I’d buy that thing.

Have a serious talk about the shenanigans that can happen with said vehicle and then hope you don’t get called by the cops or by an angry father.

Comment

We had an 04 Eddie Bauer Excursion with the 6.0L in it that we should have never sold! Excursions are super comfortable when driving and my wife & I both miss it.

We currently have a V10 in our 02 Jamboree, 31 foot Class C motorhome and that motor will straight get after it! I don't baby that rig when driving and I make a lot of people mad when they try to speed around me. I get no less than 8.5 mpg's with my foot in it, but a heavy motorhome is not the same as a truck or Excursion.

Only thing bad I've heard about the V10s is they can sometimes be prone to spitting out a spark plug, due to the thinness of the cyl head and only having about 4 threads holding the plugs in. A friend with a 2003 motorhome w/ V10 had that happen to him coming back from Crazyfornia. He was East of Tucson and heard it blow out. He finished the drive back to San Antonio on 9 cylinders! The fix is well known, the tool kit is out there, and it's not that hard to do, should it happen.

Comment

Those excursions were really cool, and that V10 is probably the best motor Ford ever produced.

Comment

Welp… it’s a done deal. Mechanic came back with a few repairs, but no major issues. Needs new brakes, spark plugs and the only significant issue is a radiator leak that needs to be repaired. Otherwise, he said he was actually shocked at well maintained the vehicle was.
                      interior leather on driver’s seat and passenger need seat covers and eventually will probably be reupholstered at some point.

Comment

Congrats on the shagon wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Welp… it’s a done deal. Mechanic came back with a few repairs, but no major issues. Needs new brakes, spark plugs and the only significant issue is a radiator leak that needs to be repaired. Otherwise, he said he was actually shocked at well maintained the vehicle was.
                          interior leather on driver’s seat and passenger need seat covers and eventually will probably be reupholstered at some point.
                          Welcome to Katzkin, the world leader in leather seat covers. Transforming your car with custom automotive interiors is Fast and Affordable.

Comment

Good deal Greg!

Comment

my only real concern would be that teenagers are crappy drivers, and that's a whole lot of vehicle to keep in one lane, park in a parking lot, drive through a drive-thru, etc. I like the idea of having that big of a metal cage around my teenage driver, but not the idea of the damage they could do with it being careless or just inexperienced.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                                my only real concern would be that teenagers are crappy drivers, and that's a whole lot of vehicle to keep in one lane, park in a parking lot, drive through a drive-thru, etc. I like the idea of having that big of a metal cage around my teenage driver, but not the idea of the damage they could do with it being careless or just inexperienced.
                                Yes sir, it’s a beast. There’s no doubt there will be a fender bender or two. To be fair, probably 10% of the boys in his school are rolling around in an F250 of some year make, so it’s no different than that

Comment

Working...
                                X