Nothing but pigs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing but pigs...

50 acres in Leakey (Real County). Seems like we have been overran with pigs in the past couple of years and are seeing less deer! We have been shooting every single one we see. Any of yall having issues with this takeover in surrounding counties?

The solution ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4530.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	26790439

Comment

They’ll always eat for free when they can. Time for a fence.

Comment

Fences don’t seem to keep these pests out for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          Fences don’t seem to keep these pests out for very long.
          You need better fences then. Really should say pens around feeders.

Comment

Round pen of hog panels.
            take away the food source and they will look elsewhere

Comment

We used to trap by the Frio there in Leakey on one of the camp grounds. Took loads of pigs off that property. The caretaker changed hands and we lost the opp to trap there.
              My cousin just bought a Pigbrig trap and we have yet to set it up. Just shooting them and catching one to 3 at a time in a box trap. We have a good amount of hogs in Kerr co and there is a $12 bounty on hog tails. So we not only help our deer and save some corn. We recover a few dollars also. We have been getting a monster on cam and he has been tempting us to go sit for him. Click image for larger version  Name:	big mofo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	26790965

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                We used to trap by the Frio there in Leakey on one of the camp grounds. Took loads of pigs off that property. The caretaker changed hands and we lost the opp to trap there.
                My cousin just bought a Pigbrig trap and we have yet to set it up. Just shooting them and catching one to 3 at a time in a box trap. We have a good amount of hogs in Kerr co and there is a $12 bounty on hog tails. So we not only help our deer and save some corn. We recover a few dollars also. We have been getting a monster on cam and he has been tempting us to go sit for him. Click image for larger version Name:	big mofo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	26790965
                Wow, really. I surprised to hear this. Have good friends on the border of Kerr and Kendall counties and they only see a couple every so often. But there is a pretty larger hill/cliff near them that probably keep them away from the southern area of Kerr where they are.

And they actually are hoping for more numbers. Haha.

Looks like you have a big nasty there. But like his coat.

J

Comment

We are close to the Gillespie/Kerr/ Kimble border.That big nasty is there right now and I am too tired and lazy to go shoot him. My cousin is gonna try and put the stalk on him with the thermal later. Click image for larger version

Name:	big mofo 2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	26791221

Comment

Needs another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Codyrgrs View Post
                      50 acres in Leakey (Real County). Seems like we have been overran with pigs in the past couple of years and are seeing less deer! We have been shooting every single one we see. Any of yall having issues with this takeover in surrounding counties?
                      Man when i was at TAC at the natural bridges caverns i was talking to the land owner of the property surrounding the place and they were saying that they had been pulling traps for weeks and still could not keep them away, and that they are getting bad out there

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                        Wow, really. I surprised to hear this. Have good friends on the border of Kerr and Kendall counties and they only see a couple every so often.
                        We hunt on the Eastern side of Kerr County midway between Kerrville & Comfort. In the last few years, the number of hogs we've seen on cameras has dwindled a lot. But this last year has seen a big resurgence in them. But they aren't really in the same areas on our lease like before. Years past they hung out more along the creek bottom. Now they are pretty much staying up on the tops of the hills.

Comment

Working...
                        X