Galveston fishing from shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

I've been living in Brazoria county for 50 yrs and cannot remember a year where there has not been a drowning @ San Luis Pass. lots of years multiples. They put up warning signs about wading and rowing somewhere around 20 yrs ago but still, people drowned. So they made it illegal to wade/swim there. Surf is good there but stay away from the pass. And you can get back into the bay area a little and you should be OK.
    Between the pass and the mouth of the Brazos, they take a few every year.

Dang I miss wading the mouth of the Brazos. Had some good times back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Darwin is always working
      I almost drowned there 3 times...young, stupid and full of **** and vinegar. Darwin sure tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

I almost drowned there 3 times...young, stupid and full of **** and vinegar. Darwin sure tried.

years ago we anchored up on a hard tide in the middle of the pass. The boat swung back and forth on the anchor from being able to see the bottom to not. If I remember right it was about 2 foot on one side and 10 on the other. Straight down in a ripping tide

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

I tried to only fish incoming tides when I fished the mouth. I didn’t almost drown, but on 3 separate occasions, the sand bar I was standing on gave out and I got sucked into the rip. I knew what was happening so I didn’t fight it. Went about 150-200 yards into the river. Luckily it kept me on the Quintana side and not the other.

Comment

Working...
          X