Galveston fishing from shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galveston fishing from shore

My nephew and his new wife are going to Galveston for a few days and was wondering if 5here was any places to fish from the shore.

Following. We have a couple RV trips planned and I can’t bring the boat.

Comment

I wish he would have ask me a few days ago instead of tonight

Comment

Beach front all the way from gtown to surfside

Comment

Surfside Jetty- drive is the bad part, good and worth it but not fast.

Amigo Ln has a TPWD boat ramp- walk in from there. Christmas Bay- protected on S Winds.

Not Galveston but shows a cool part of that coast.

Comment

San Luis Pass on the west end of the island is a decent destination, just watch it on the wade fishing- currents flowing in and out of west bay seem to claim a life or two a year.
            (I'm not keeping score, just know it's a thing) .

Edit- now illegal according to wikipedia-
            As of August 2017, swimming and fishing are now illegal at San Luis Beach due to the high number of drownings.

San Luis Pass (Galveston Island) - Wikipedia

(I'm thinking bank fishing is still allowed reading into the next paragraph ) ​

Fishing in SAN LUIS PASS: The Complete Guide (fishingbooker.com)​
            Last edited by DaveC; 05-12-2024, 09:53 PM.

Comment

For something a little different, take the ferry across to Bolivar and take the first left after exiting the ferry. There’s a shell or sand parking area on either side of the pocket they can fish both sides. Crabbing is good on the inlet side of the little bridge as well as a good chance at flounder. Trout and Reds can be good on the bay side.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                San Luis Pass on the west end of the island is a decent destination, just watch it on the wade fishing- currents flowing in and out of west bay seem to claim a life or two a year.
                (I'm not keeping score, just know it's a thing) .

Edit- now illegal according to wikipedia-
                As of August 2017, swimming and fishing are now illegal at San Luis Beach due to the high number of drownings.

San Luis Pass (Galveston Island) - Wikipedia

(I'm thinking bank fishing is still allowed reading into the next paragraph ) ​

Fishing in SAN LUIS PASS: The Complete Guide (fishingbooker.com)​
                pretty sure there has been multiple drownings there since 2017. Its not hard to wade and not die in that general area. As long as youre not an idiot

Comment

Seawolf Park has some good fishing & nice area.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

If the surf is flat or barely rolling, the rock groins on sea wall can be really good. Top waters early and tails on 1/4 oz head when top water bite stops. With a 3 fish limit you can be done in no time if conditions are right.

Comment

Surf -everywhere except Srewart Beach

Bay- End of Sportmans Road will put you on Confederate Reef.

End of 103rd will put you..away from other people.

End of Sea Isle will give you a bunch of marsh land to wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

pretty sure there has been multiple drownings there since 2017. Its not hard to wade and not die in that general area. As long as youre not an idiot

I've been living in Brazoria county for 50 yrs and cannot remember a year where there has not been a drowning @ San Luis Pass. lots of years multiples. They put up warning signs about wading and rowing somewhere around 20 yrs ago but still, people drowned. So they made it illegal to wade/swim there. Surf is good there but stay away from the pass. And you can get back into the bay area a little and you should be OK.

Comment

Seawolf park was producing some fish recently from what I've heard

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

I've been living in Brazoria county for 50 yrs and cannot remember a year where there has not been a drowning @ San Luis Pass. lots of years multiples. They put up warning signs about wading and rowing somewhere around 20 yrs ago but still, people drowned. So they made it illegal to wade/swim there. Surf is good there but stay away from the pass. And you can get back into the bay area a little and you should be OK.
                              Darwin is always working

Comment

Working...
                              X