• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    I just wanna see more pics of dead or alive axis bucks
    Pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
      Pretty much
      We have a management buck that bared his head yesterday , I saw him for about 30 seconds this morning before he and another started posturing. If comes through this evening and I can stand the gnats I’ll let the air outta him and post a pic or 2

Comment

Last edited by trophy8; 05-23-2024, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post

So this is to benefit the public? Maybe they'll attach a rider to that law allowing the public to trespass on private low fence ranches to hunt them. I mean, it would be ok to suspend the landowners' rights if it's for the benefit of the public.

Look, if you really want a law like this your best bet is to jump headfirst into sectxag06's camp and claim you believe cwd is the biggest threat to Texas whitetails our state has ever seen. You need to then push the narrative that the state should ban the breeding, trapping and selling of all cervids (elk, fallow, WT, axis, etc.). If you're reluctant to do that because you think it might make you seem moronic, reevaluate how asking the government to eliminate property rights, take away freedoms and pass more laws makes you seem.

At least if you jumped on the cwd/the sky is falling bandwagon, it would be a bigger camp.

He may get his wish. If parks manages to show that axis are susceptible to cwd and TAHC begins restricting their movement the market will tank as it has for other cwd susceptible species. The exotics frenzy we’ve been seeing has been created by parks and their cwd crusade and the boom in ranch sales. You can still move sika, elk etc but there’s so much reporting involved it’s hardly worth the hassle. The main reason axis and fallow are so hot right now is they are not on that list of species.

For Parks to have complete regulatory control over axis they would have to be designated a game animal. They are not interested in protecting axis as a game animal. They are interested in protecting native game animals from invasive axis.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
            I just wanna see more pics of dead or alive axis bucks
            here’s a dead one I killed last week with my bow and a live one that’s still roaming around
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting thread. The trapping and moving of Axis will ultimately expand their range. They can be sold to a high fenced ranch, but fences are not 100%. No doubt it would suck to have your neighbor trap and see the off. In my experience they are really fickle animals. It is a lot easier to get them on camera than to actually see them in a bow blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

here’s a dead one I killed last week with my bow and a live one that’s still roaming around
                We need more axis killing videos! Awesome axis!

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                  Interesting thread. The trapping and moving of Axis will ultimately expand their range. They can be sold to a high fenced ranch, but fences are not 100%. No doubt it would suck to have your neighbor trap and see the off. In my experience they are really fickle animals. It is a lot easier to get them on camera than to actually see them in a bow blind.
                  They are extremely smart.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

They are extremely smart.
                    White tail has Nothing on them!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

White tail has Nothing on them!
                      Nope

Comment

Working...
                      X