Sutton county axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

I’m not arguing with you here but they are not domestic ( I know that you know this)! I don’t want state or feds to start regulating anything that is not domestic.
    well not any wildlife anyway!

Comment

well not any wildlife anyway!
      They already do though.

Comment

Seen a decline south of Rocksprings.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
          Seen a decline south of Rocksprings.
          Here’s why… They bring more than our highly regulated whitetail.
          You can hunt whitetail doe for $250-$350, or less, each on many ranches across this state..

Attached Files

Comment

I see traps all over the place now. Not sure how to feel about it, on one hand they are non native so who cares, but on the other hand I know many folks purchased properties in certain areas because of the free range exotic populations and now those are being wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by TXcazador91 View Post
              I see traps all over the place now. Not sure how to feel about it, on one hand they are non native so who cares, but on the other hand I know many folks purchased properties in certain areas because of the free range exotic populations and now those are being wiped out.
              That’s a big risk!

Comment

Axis does are bringing 600-650 a head right now 30+ inch bucks north of 3K.

i see traps all the time on tiny little 5 acre tracts. Best thing their neighbors can do if they don’t like it is fence them out

Comment

If I don't agree with it ban it and make it illegal!

Comment

Ringnecks weren’t native either ?

I personally think Texas needs to set regulations for them like any other game animal. Including the elk in west texas.

Just my opinion. I have seen far fewer axis in Medina (western Bandera Co) since this trapping started.

Comment

5 miles south of town on a new place and we seem to have a decent amount. Largest group on cam about 15 but several nice ones. I’d say about the same amount as the whitetail and hopefully more show up.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                        5 miles south of town on a new place and we seem to have a decent amount. Largest group on cam about 15 but several nice ones. I’d say about the same amount as the whitetail and hopefully more show up.
                        That’s great to hear! I know we have em but gosh it just makes it hard when that’s one of the reasons we bought our place out there.

and to all the regulating I do think getting the government involved is no bueno. Do you ever think axis prices will go down? Both live and hunts?

Comment

That’s a big risk!
                          I don’t think it should be a risk to buy property solely for the free roaming exotics. I’m sure if you spend your hard earned money on a place you’d want your neighbors to put in the same effort into protecting all your wildlife resources and not just try and get some quick cash by drastically depleting that said resource.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

I don’t think it should be a risk to buy property solely for the free roaming exotics. I’m sure if you spend your hard earned money on a place you’d want your neighbors to put in the same effort into protecting all your wildlife resources and not just try and get some quick cash by drastically depleting that said resource.
                            One word: GREED

Comment

Yep can’t reason with greed only regulation and enforcement will work to stop that.

Comment

I guess I need to get out more. I had no idea people were trapping Axis.

I'm sure these traps have a "No whitetail Deer Allowed" sign posted. That way only the Axis enter.

Comment

Working...
                                X