Advise needed with glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advise needed with glasses

I'm brand new to prescription glasses and just shot my bow for the first time with them. My groups are bigger and high now. What gives. What have yall had to do to get back to normal. Or is it just start over from scratch again. Thanks

Same thing happened to me back when I started wearing glasses. I finally broke down and just re-sighted my bow to accommodate the glasses and never looked back. Sucks getting old,

Comment

Depends what type of prescription you have in the len's. Single vision, cheap progressive or a good wide range Varilux Physio Enhanced Fit​.. I have had all the above. Physio are the best. I worked for Essilor Optical, so I kind of know something aout lenses..I shoot some times with glasses ans some with out. I guess I have adapted to shoot either way.

Comment

Are contacts an option? Been wearing them for over 50 years in the outdoors. Rain, binoculars, peep and sunglasses are all better with contacts. Worth it

BP

Comment

I tried the contacts while waiting on my glasses to arrive. Wholly he..ll it looked like I poured hot sauce in my eyes and still only would get one eye done. No luck with them. May try again but I don't know

Comment

Lasik

Comment

It sounds like now with prescription glasses you have moved your eye/anchor routine to get a better focus on the target. Probably just didn't realize your head alignment moved. Shoot some more to get a new eye focus comfort thing and just adjust the sight a little. you are good. 6 months from now you wont even remember this frustration.

Comment

I have to take mine off before i shoot .

Comment

When I got my first glasses a couple years ago, I got them with no bifocals so it wouldn’t Jack with shooting a bow. Switching back and forth between glasses and readers became a major PITA. I went back and bought a second pair with bifocals (not progressive) and had them put the bifocal part as low as they could. That worked great!!!!!!

the only thing that really sucks now is if I have to look at a computer screen for a long time. I have to tilt my head back and it is real uncomfortable after a while. Luckily I don’t do that activity very often, so it’s all good.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                    Same thing happened to me back when I started wearing glasses. I finally broke down and just re-sighted my bow to accommodate the glasses and never looked back. Sucks getting old,
                    This

Comment

Also make sure your frames are not shiny! When the sun hits them deer will look right at you. Black frames are worth their weight in well you know.

Comment

I shoot with glasses ( bifold) on all the time, and I've never had an issue.

Comment

I put a clarifier peep in my string

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                            It sounds like now with prescription glasses you have moved your eye/anchor routine to get a better focus on the target. Probably just didn't realize your head alignment moved. Shoot some more to get a new eye focus comfort thing and just adjust the sight a little. you are good. 6 months from now you wont even remember this frustration.
                            I had a pair made just for shooting. Find a pair with a narrow bridge and have the center of the focal point of the aiming eye moved to the inside of the lense towards the bridge. Single vision for distance. It helps keep your head in a more natural position.

Comment

I bowhunted with glasses for 16 years after changing to them from contacts. I started having issues with the contacts moving in my eyes when drawing during those moments of buck fever. Even had one pop out during the draw. Weird as heck. Anyway...no issues whatsoever with glasses. Just re-sight your bow in and give it hell.

During that 16 years I developed the need for readers and the progressives' design was not very conducive to looking through the middle left side of my right eye through a peep due to void area in the hour glass shape. I need my progressives for work so I solved that issue with buying a cheap single vision pair from $39 glasses and adding these stick-on bifocals below. They allow you to use them as is or trim them up and make them smaller. Worked like a champ. I got a small hard case with them and kept them in my backpack. They were my bow shooting glasses. I practiced in them and hunted in them. You just have to make changing into them in the blind part of your prep. I did that for about 12 years before I got my vision fixed though cataract surgery. You can also just pay to add bifocals in at $39 glasses and it bumps it up to about $100. With the way my vision changed those years it was cheaper to change out the $12-15 stick-on bi-focal (price at the time).

$39 glasses

Last edited by Smart; 05-12-2024, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X