No announcement yet.

Spam call question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Google phone has a screening feature, it answers for me and screens the call then it'll print out the text on screen and I can choose to pickup. I think the spammers put me on a no call list after I started using it, almost never get any calls now.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
      I have Active Armor on my AT&T cell. It shows my phone number and email are on the dark web.

I have Sophos Antiviral software installed on all my devices.

I just don't answer if I they aren't in my contacts. If it's important they'll leave a message.
      Isn’t a Antivirus asking a virus?

Comment

These spam calls I'm getting they are actually leaving a message and their voices sound like any other Americans voice. No, I do not answer them. Only reason I started a thread is because these people are leaving me a message.

Comment

Getting the same call except from Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            These spam calls I'm getting they are actually leaving a message and their voices sound like any other Americans voice. No, I do not answer them. Only reason I started a thread is because these people are leaving me a message.
            I've been getting the same ones for a while. They sound very American and sooo concerned I'm gonna miss my opportunity.

The leaving message's part is what separates these from the traditional scams.

Sounds like an everyday lady next door.

Makes me wonder if they are AI generated, or they actually recruited some ladies to push their scam.

To be clear, I've never answered or talked to one- I'm referring to the voice messages they leave.

Comment

I don’t know, I don’t answer the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                I don’t know, I don’t answer the phone.
                We are talking about them leaving a message. I don't answer them either.

Comment

Working...
                X