Spam call question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam call question!

Anyone else getting a call from Ghent, KY about some kind of government loan? Calling from two different numbers in Ghent. Wanting me to call them back about finishing up my 50k government loan. I won't fall for it, just curious if anyone else is getting these. Numbers are 502-206-6587 and 502-206-6459. I wonder if someone has stolen my identity and trying to get a loan.
    Last edited by doghouse; 05-10-2024, 12:23 PM.

There is a block feature on iPhones

Comment

Block and forget about it. Scam

If you give them the info they ask for THEN somebody will steal your identity.

Comment

Blocking numbers does absolutely no good. I bet I’ve blocked 10,000 calls and I still get the same S. O. B.s calling from different numbers. Emails are the same. I just spammed five frickin emails. I usually get that many every day. Sometimes they all show up at once which tells you it’s the same person (or bot) sending them. Just don’t fall for anything that doesn’t ring true.

Almost everyone must sell your info, but as long as they only have phone numbers and email addys there ain’t much they can do to you. It’s aggravating as hell though !

Comment

my wife has been getting the same one from different numbers for three days now , its a scam ! if it was legit you could search the number .

Comment

Hate those dang calls. They come in spurts for me. I hate the texts even more. Calls I just ignore, texts I actually have to take action.

I'm still waiting on that $5M from my Nigerian step uncle who I gave my bank account info to. Didn't think it would take 3 years to transfer.

Comment

I rarely get spam calls or text messages and I’ll tell you why: I consider my cell number a closely held secret and I give it to NO ONE but those from whom I want to hear. I don’t use it to sign up for reward points. I don’t give it to my doctors’ offices or other service professionals. I consider private information and if you have my cell #, it’s because I gave it to you. Same goes for my main “personal” email. I rarely give it out to someone I don’t know. I don’t use it to shop online, I don’t use it to sign u for reward programs, etc. While I don’t guard it

Comment

There should be a block sender tab on for your unwanted emails also, at least for iphones. That block appears to be working for me in most cases so far.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Anyone else getting a call from Ghent, KY about some kind of government loan? Calling from two different numbers in Ghent. Wanting me to call them back about finishing up my 50k government loan. I won't fall for it, just curious if anyone else is getting these. Numbers are 502-206-6587 and 502-206-6459. I wonder if someone has stolen my identity and trying to get a loan.

No but I got a call at 4:30 this am.

Comment

Daily for the last month.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      There should be a block sender tab on for your unwanted emails also, at least for iphones. That block appears to be working for me in most cases so far.
                      There is a block for emails, but they send from a different address every time. I got tired of blocking them and just delete them now. If congress wanted to do something for the American people they should address this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

There is a block for emails, but they send from a different address every time. I got tired of blocking them and just delete them now. If congress wanted to do something for the American people they should address this.
                        Man, I agree. I get 20-30 per day

Comment

The app you are missing is called ROBOKILLER.

It blocks all known spammers and scammers.

You can set it to screen calls if the caller isn't in your contacts.

You can set it to allow most calls through if you are expecting a call from a new unknown contact.

I used to get 5-10 calls a day, now I get 0 unwanted calls.

-----------

Added bonus: ROBOKILLER can automatically mess with unwanted callers:

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                            The app you are missing is called ROBOKILLER.

It blocks all known spammers and scammers.

You can set it to screen calls if the caller isn't in your contacts.

You can set it to allow most calls through if you are expecting a call from a new unknown contact.

I used to get 5-10 calls a day, now I get 0 unwanted calls.

-----------

Added bonus: ROBOKILLER can automatically mess with unwanted callers:

Hah! I love this!

Comment

I have Active Armor on my AT&T cell. It shows my phone number and email are on the dark web.

I have Sophos Antiviral software installed on all my devices.

I just don't answer if I they aren't in my contacts. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Comment

Working...
                              X