Cannon Safe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannon Safe Question

I bought a 64 gun Cannon safe about a year and a half ago. Last week the 9v battery for the key pad died. I replaced it with a cheap battery that my wife had ordered from Amazon. In less than 24 hours the key pad began chirping, as if it the battery was low. I replaced the battery with another cheap one and same thing, started chirping within 24 hours. I went to HEB and bought the most expensive 9v they had on the shelf, Duracell. I put this battery in and it was good till around 1:00 this morning (about the 36 hour mark) when it began chirping again. Has anyone had this issue or know of a solution? Thanks.

It's Aint the Battery.......But ran across this.
    I have a Patriot (made by Cannon) gun safe with an electronic lock. About 5 days ago the 9V battery went dead. I replaced it, and then next day it was dead again (replacement battery was suspect). I replaced that with a brand new fresh Duracell. Today it was dead again. Is there something that...

Comment

I have the same safe with the same issue. Both Cannon and the cheap junk SecuRam literally suck for not picking up the tab on this and making it right. I will never purchase another one of their products.

I leave the keypad apart and remove the battery after each use... it will probably eventually fail on me completely and lock me out, at which point I will see just how easily I can destroy it with a Metabo, lol.

Comment

Ive got two of those safes and have had no problems. hope it stays that way

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
          Ive got two of those safes and have had no problems. hope it stays that way
          I have two also. I have a vault door with a secu ram digital combo lock leading into a room with a Cannon Scout safe with the same digi lock. No issues Same batteries over a year.

Comment

My Cannon eats 9 volts. One will usually last a couple months though. What I do now, because those 9volts ain’t cheap, is just pull the battery and set it on top of the safe. Plug it in when I need it and remove it when finished. Works every time.

Comment

Try not leaving battery attached, just use battery when opening…seems like it’s inappropriately grounding

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. I guess I call Cannon and see if they can do anything for me. Worst case I’ll just leave the battery on top of the safe and attach it when I need to open it, as some have suggested.

Comment

Yep, same here. 2 canons. 1 i have to do the battery on top of the safe trick.. ughh

Comment

Manual key locks don't chirp

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5569.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	26789318
                      Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      Manual key locks don't chirp

Comment

Mine was 4 months old and did the same thing. Contacted Cannon online and they sent me a new keypad and motherboard. Keypad was much more solid and well built but fit in the old slots. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I'm not even an engineer and I replaced it all pretty easy.

Comment

And make sure you check the best used by date on 9v batteries. They should have a 2025 or 2026 date. Maybe later. Can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            Mine was 4 months old and did the same thing. Contacted Cannon online and they sent me a new keypad and motherboard. Keypad was much more solid and well built but fit in the old slots. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I'm not even an engineer and I replaced it all pretty easy.
                            Awesome, thanks

Comment

Glad it’s not just mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X