Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

When Jesus saw [the friends’] faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
    Mark 2:5

The hardest part of forgiving another person is acting like the offense never occurred. But that is what forgiving someone means—restoring relationships to the status they enjoyed before the offense took place. It’s one thing to say, “I forgive you,” but it’s another to act like all the effects of an offense are completely erased. After all, according to Paul in 1 Corinthians 13, love is known by its actions more than its words.

Jesus faced this dilemma when He healed a paralytic man. When He told the man that his sins were forgiven (and by extension, he was healed), He was criticized. He was accused of blaspheming by saying He had the authority to forgive sins—something only God can do. So Jesus proved He had the authority to say, “I forgive you,” by doing something harder. He healed the man’s paralysis. After all, as Jesus explained, actions speak louder than words (Mark 2:8-11).

We cannot go through life without being hurt by others, so we should learn to forgive. Even more, we should practice demonstrating our forgiveness by our acts of lovingkindness. Look for opportunities to do both.

Forgiveness is to be set loose from sins.
    G. Campbell Morgan

Turning Point Ministries​

Amen!

Comment

Amen!!!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen !

Comment

Amen.

Comment

Amen!!

Comment

Take to top

Comment

Great message! True forgiveness is something I really try to do. I pray I master it. Thank You Bro. Bill!!

Comment

Mark 11:25

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Matthew 18: 21-22

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven."

Luke 6:37

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Collosians 3:13

"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Matthew 6:14-15
                    "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Over and over, scripture, even Jesus Himself, tells us how important forgiveness is in being like Him and even in recieving His forgiveness. If we refuse to forgive others their sins, we must ask ourselves how much we truly love and worship our Father in Heaven and even whether we ourselves are recieving His forgiveness.

Forgiveness is not a request, it's a commandment of God. It is probably the greatest act of love we can show to another. It is, after all, the greatest act of love God, thru Christ, has shown to us! How can we say we love Jesus if we refuse to forgive those whom He has forgiven? How can we say we are following the two greatest commandments, to love Our Lord and God with all our hearts and to love others as ourselves, if we cannot forgive those He loves?

John 15:13

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

To lay down your life for another is not necessarily a physical death but also dying to self, so that we put our needs aside and care for the needs of another. Forgiveness is just that, putting away our anger, bitterness, hurt, and resentment, in order to forgive and love another, just as God has done for us all.

Great message Bro.Bill!!

Comment

Great one Rodney!

I hear, read, and see, so much unforgivess and hate every day, even here on this forum. I just have to remind my self about many of the scriptures you just quoted. And I start with Luke 6:37. Then I have a short prayer for them.

Comment

Actions speak louder than words​ Amen

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                          Mark 11:25

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

Matthew 18: 21-22

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven."

Luke 6:37

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Collosians 3:13

"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you"

Ephesians 4:32

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Matthew 6:14-15
                          "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Over and over, scripture, even Jesus Himself, tells us how important forgiveness is in being like Him and even in recieving His forgiveness. If we refuse to forgive others their sins, we must ask ourselves how much we truly love and worship our Father in Heaven and even whether we ourselves are recieving His forgiveness.

Forgiveness is not a request, it's a commandment of God. It is probably the greatest act of love we can show to another. It is, after all, the greatest act of love God, thru Christ, has shown to us! How can we say we love Jesus if we refuse to forgive those whom He has forgiven? How can we say we are following the two greatest commandments, to love Our Lord and God with all our hearts and to love others as ourselves, if we cannot forgive those He loves?

John 15:13

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

To lay down your life for another is not necessarily a physical death but also dying to self, so that we put our needs aside and care for the needs of another. Forgiveness is just that, putting away our anger, bitterness, hurt, and resentment, in order to forgive and love another, just as God has done for us all.

Great message Bro.Bill!!
                          Dude!!

PREACH IT!
                          Mathew 18 tell it!
                          Matthew 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
                          Matthew 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
                          Matthew 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
                          Matthew 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.​
                          if you cannot forgive you will be turned over to the tormentors.

Comment

Working...
                          X