Lower Brazos River folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower Brazos River folk

Yall might get a little rise in the river soon. Got about 15,000 cfs being released from a couple impoundments. That could increase depending now which ones get more rain. ACE is doing a heck of a juggling act to try to keep it from happening to anyone. Including the one that is more than 20 foot above normal/conservation level.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-09-2024, 06:37 PM.

Thanks for thinking about us but this one will be pretty much a non event.. We dodged a bullet for sure.
    I’m sure sad and sick for the folks east of us.. There are very few in this world that I would wish that level of grief on.
    FYI Harvey was the record.
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree PP. A non event this time, for some, unless you like to fish moving waters. Hopefully the impoundments on the Brazos basin drainage don't get to much more. Waco did come up almost 10 feet overnight last weekend. They are 20 feet above conservation now. Aquila is a pretty shallow lake and doesn't have much floodplain. 5 foot above normal and everything is under water there. It's 10 foot above normal now. And only has one pump for drainage. Belton is also 10 over. And releasing water. Total river bed release from combined projects has increased to over 30,000 cfs at the moment, from yesterday.
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-10-2024, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        I agree PP. A non event this time, for some, unless you like to fish moving waters. Hopefully the impoundments on the Brazos basin drainage don't get to much more. Waco did come up almost 10 feet overnight last weekend. They are 20 feet above conservation now. Aquila is a pretty shallow lake and doesn't have much floodplain. 5 foot above normal and everything is under water there. It's 10 foot above normal now. And only has one pump for drainage. Belton is also 10 over. And releasing water. Total river bed release from combined projects has increased to over 30,000 cfs at the moment, from yesterday.
        Yep..
        I’m definitely watching everyday. Change can happen in a hurry. If the BR water shed would have caught the rain and run off the Trinity did we would most likely be looking at a new record down here. It can happen quick!!!

Comment

While I do understand the water levels, and flood plains.

I am curious about the release rate, what is normal, and what people think we're looking at before we return "to normal".

We primarily use waco and the Brazos around waco. I feel like I haven't seen it like this since 2007? And we were shut down most of that summer if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            While I do understand the water levels, and flood plains.

I am curious about the release rate, what is normal, and what people think we're looking at before we return "to normal".

We primarily use waco and the Brazos around waco. I feel like I haven't seen it like this since 2007? And we were shut down most of that summer if I remember correctly.
            '07 Was unreal. I remember the dam at Possum Kingdom running wide open, and water running over the 16 bridge must have been 6' deep.

Comment

Not sure how much more the Brazos can hold down here with all that rain yall are about to get hammered with up north. Its **** near about to come out of its banks here already.

Comment

Was at my turf farm in Monaville, Waller County this morning and it was up pretty dang high

Comment

Send it to the Colorado, those impoundments can take some

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                    Send it to the Colorado, those impoundments can take some
                    I sure wish they could/would do that. It would be a much more conservative way to protect our natural resources. They do it for a few lakes to supply water for larger cities in Texas. But some of those cities don't want to pay the higher prices it takes to transfer it. It would also create a ton of jobs for several years.

Comment

Working...
                    X