No announcement yet.

Batten Down The Hatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I slept through whatever we got last night. Will have to wait until daylight to see what kind of beating we took, if any.

Comment

It didn’t even rain in Round Rock as far as I can tell

Comment

It came a 45 minute rain dump in Crawford (1 2/10"), dropped pea to nickle sized hail. Middle Bosque was loud again this morning, but did not go down and see how high.

Hope each made it through without any major damage.

Rwc

Comment

I got at least two mature oaks down on limestone if anyone needs some firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            We ;lost 3 last week in Normangee. About 4 foot in diameter

Comment

Loosing those oaks hurt and would be at my place also. I lost one in the my back yard on the fence row about 4’ in diameter also this year. Those big ol oaks are pleasant to the eye on land.

Comment

It went just northeast of us. We dodged a major bullet here in Tarkington.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post

We ;lost 3 last week in Normangee. About 4 foot in diameter
                  I lost 2 last week already. Im probably at 15 oaks since I bought the place in 2019 between drought and blowing over.

Comment

I heard Johnson City got some of the biggest hail ever recorded in central Texas. 5-7” in diameter - large grapefruit size.
                    The same cell dropped golfballs on us south of llano. Like the 4th year in a row we’ve had large damaging hail in llano county.
                    Last edited by Sika; 05-10-2024, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The amount of tornado coverage / vids going around the past few days is pretty nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

We are at the north end of the lake, up near Personville. Any idea how bad it was up there?

Comment

Seems like the hail stayed south of the loop in Lufkin. This is from my house on the Southside of town Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9217.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	26788810

Comment

At a buddy’s house halfway between San Marcos and wimberley

Comment

My parents took some hits at their place which is roughly halfway between Marquez and Centerville. Fortunately they and the actual house made it through unscathed.
                              Attached Files

Comment

We took a pretty good beating in Wimberley. Roof and garage doors are heavily pounded, luckily it seems that the vehicle damage was minimal. Lots of 1-inch hail with some as big as 3" mixed in from what I could tell. I'm just glad we didn't loose any glass. It was insanely loud and lasted a good 20-30 mins.

On my way into work, it looked like the area about halfway between Wimberly and San Marcos got it the worst. The trees were absolutely stripped.

Comment

Working...
                                X