Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
    You cant trust him now. He needs to be shot
    This is very bad information. Dogs fight.

Comment

Has he been to the vet recently? I’ve seen the best behaved dogs turn aggressive when they are sick, etc.

Comment

It's hard to do but he needs to be corrected at the first growl or even hair bristle. Best tool I've found to use is a plastic wiffleball bat. It stings and sounds loud when striking him but won't really hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
          sounds like prison cells for thugs
          Wrong on assessment of Sika’s suggestion on dogs/pets treatment and solutions of this topic imo. She is probably one of the few that keeps control and training of her dogs. Myself included when we had them.

Comment

Sika's advice was right on. Or you get rid of one. Its really that simple. To shoot the dog makes no sense whatsoever. It was said hes generally a very calm, obedient, sweet dog, that knows your his master and usually glued to your side. I can understand the anger in the moment, but to kill him for that, no that aint right.

Comment

Just don’t give them treats in same area. Should do the trick. Had similar issues with two large dogs. No reason to get rid of or shoot a pet.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post

Wrong on assessment of Sika’s suggestion on dogs/pets treatment and solutions of this topic imo. She is probably one of the few that keeps control and training of her dogs. Myself included when we had them.
                oh no sir…I wasn’t assessing her skills,abilities or suggestions

Comment

Most times, food is the issue or toys. Eliminate both and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                    Has he been to the vet recently? I’ve seen the best behaved dogs turn aggressive when they are sick, etc.
                    This right here, take him to get a checkup first. Then go from there.

Aggression in a GS is no fun to deal with.
                    Had a spouse's coworkers GS attack me last summer for no reason other than I got out of my truck in their driveway. Left a big bruise on my hip.
                    I will not go to their house again, simple enough.
                    That dog has a history of being that way I found out after the fact. Meaning being very protective for no reason.

Your decision might be a hard one but I don't see a dog like that, meaning your bud , going to another home with a good outcome. I surely hope I am wrong on that though.
                    Hope it works out, getting rid of pets sux big time !!
                    I would sure try Sika's advice first too.

Comment

Put a shock collar on him and turn it on HIGH. Give them both a chew toy again, when he tries to go for the little one's treat, Weld his eyes shut. He'll get the idea.

Comment

Ive had success with shock collars. They are better tools than the SSS and not expensive. It worked for us

Comment

Chew treats are the worst thing to cause dog fights. Especially the ones they can actually eat. I would be done with those completely, after one test. You should be able to take the GS treat away. I wouldn't just reach and grab it first time. Have him a a leash, tell him to drop...give...leave whatever you command is. If he does ok with that then I would just remove those type treats. If he doesn't do well then you have some more training to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            Put a shock collar on him and turn it on HIGH. Give them both a chew toy again, when he tries to go for the little one's treat, Weld his eyes shut. He'll get the idea.
                            Hah! Love the hyperbole!

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              Ive had success with shock collars. They are better tools than the SSS and not expensive. It worked for us
                              Yep, kept our dog from running out of the yard. Didn't even have to turn it on after she was taught. Just put the collar on and she knew.

Comment

Works pretty good on the wife too.

Comment

Working...
                                X