I’m reading a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m reading a book

Yes, I can read ! If you are a history buff, or better yet, appreciate what our Greatest Generation went through in WW II, this is a book you will enjoy. Fair warning, it may contain content that the movies didn’t show, but remember, “war is hell”. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2818.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	26783311

I was expecting black and white pictures, rough grey paper, and a pack of crayons!!

Hope your feeling better buddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      I was expecting black and white pictures, rough grey paper, and a pack of crayons!!
      What, cave drawings didn’t want anything to do with that?

Comment

I’m the Rodney Dangerfield of East Texas !

Comment

You read Grisham? I played college football with him. Mark not John. I got a funny story. You should get his latest. "Diablo"

Comment

Grew up reading as much as I could about that generation while I was in the 7th grade. And restricted to the library the whole year because I couldn't participate in PE medically.

Comment

Looks like an interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Grew up reading as much as I could about that generation while I was in the 7th grade. And restricted to the library the whole year because I couldn't participate in PE medically.
                We led parallel lives Cuz. I took library one whole year because the PE teacher and I had a conflict of opinions you might say. He offered to beat my azz with a razor strap he had hanging on the wall and I offered to brain him with a chair. He decided we had best part ways and that was fine with me. He got off easy, if he had used that strap on me he would have had to face my Daddy. It would not have been pretty !

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                  Looks like an interesting read.
                  I’m just on the third chapter Greg. Each chapter is a veteran’s story. It’s a page turner !

Comment

I'll have to check that one out. I just finished these two books. I recently watched "The Pacific" on Netflix. I'm a Vietnam Vet and an infantry grunt. What these poor men went through island hopping in the Pacific makes my one year tour look like a Sunday picnic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Island_ book.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	26783776 Click image for larger version

Name:	Old breed.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	26783777

Comment

I watched that too Froggy, also a documentary on the Pacific Island campaign on TUBI. I think it was called Marines in the Pacific. Very eye opening! All actual wartime footage. The younger generation as a whole has no clue what some folks went through to save this country and the world. The real shame is, they don’t care.

Comment

I'll have to check out that documentary on Tubi. Can you imagine what would happen if we end up in another world war and the draft was reinstated? All these young, liberal girly men would lose their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                          You read Grisham? I played college football with him. Mark not John. I got a funny story. You should get his latest. "Diablo"
                          Just read the description on Amazon. Sounds like Homer’s Iliad meets illicit romance with a little bit of sexual slavery on the side.

So, I’m in.

Comment

I’m about 3/4ths of the way through this, reading a chapter every now and then. Some of them make my eyes water, just reading what these guys went through.

Comment

Thanks for posting this.
                              I'm a Garand fan, have 3 of them.
                              One of them I have traced as a Letterkenny Arsenal rebuild for the Corp in 1945, wish it could talk.

He wrote 2 books
                              The sequel is called "The Rifle 2 : Back to the Battlefield "

Just ordered both on Amazon along w EB Sledge's book

Comment

Working...
                              X