No announcement yet.

Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance is a racket to make the companies and politicians money, but what isn't these days? What ticks me off the most is being forced to pay higher premiums to cover all the BS caused by the illegals, the uninsured, and more than anything the overabundance of absolute morons on the road. $2000 a year for one plain jane truck with no accidents vs $3000 a year for a house and possessions, I'll take the second and be a lot happier about it.

Comment

I'm not sure why some folks don't keep their life savings in a mattress. Im sure if a tornado blew away a couple hundred k in cash across the country side it wouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        I'm not sure why some folks don't keep their life savings in a mattress. Im sure if a tornado blew away a couple hundred k in cash across the country side it wouldn't be a big deal.
        32.00 dollars and a sock full of nickels wont spread far. I aint worried.

Comment

I don't "gladly" pay any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

I pay $6700 a year to cover 2 cars with no kids, no accidents and no tickets. 3500 for my home plus flood so I’m at around 11k to insure 2 cars and a home.

It was $6000 to $6500 for all in 2022 so yes I’m going *****.
            Are you driving lambo's? I pay under 4k for 4 cars.....2 full, 2 liability. Still a racket

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              What do the uninsured homeowner folks do if someone is seriously injured in their house or on the property? They could sue you for liability and win, what takes place after that? Just seems like you would have no financial protection in that case, but I have no idea and am just asking a question.

Texas homestead law will protect you in that case. They can go after other assets if you have any.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

Texas homestead law will protect you in that case. They can go after other assets if you have any.
                Got it, if you have another property or something that has value other than your home it is fair game?

Comment

18 wheeler barreled through a red light in Kenedy yesterday as I was supposed to take my protected left. Figured I’d get banged up a bit but with Thomas J I might have just won the lottery. 🙃🙃🙃🙃 but my luck he was uninsured so I didn’t yolo it

Comment

Got it, if you have another property or something that has value other than your home it is fair game?
                    Quite possibly. Lawyers don’t usually sue poor people. Poor people don’t need liability insurance because they have nothing to lose.

Comment

What do the uninsured homeowner folks do if someone is seriously injured in their house or on the property? They could sue you for liability and win, what takes place after that? Just seems like you would have no financial protection in that case, but I have no idea and am just asking a question.

My commercial insurance costs 6800.00 a year with a 3 mil dollar liability and includes workman's comp. I do not like it but could never imagine going bare and getting sued, losing everything that I have worked for all these years.
                      A 1m liability policy is really cheap. Something like $60 a year if I remember correctly.
                      people who want to drop home coverage really should at least have an actual cash value policy. Quite a bit cheaper since there is no rebuild involved but still get something if it gets destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

A 1m liability policy is really cheap. Something like $60 a year if I remember correctly.
                        I don’t think you remember correctly. Maybe $600 a year. But in case you did remember correctly where did you get it for that price?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

I don’t think you remember correctly. Maybe $600 a year. But in case you did remember correctly where did you get it for that price?
                          Germania, added on to a home.policy.
                          just checked with my agent.
                          Mine is 229 a year for a farm policy. 2million agrigate and 1 million per occurrence.
                          Last edited by flywise; 04-26-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

My commercial insurance costs 6800.00 a year with a 3 mil dollar liability and includes workman's comp. I do not like it but could never imagine going bare and getting sued, losing everything that I have worked for all these years.
                            My shop is on my home property and I have $1 million in liability for it, plus workers compensation. If something happens I guess I will drag em out to the shop before I call 911.

I do think you are far more likely to be sued if you have insurance. Its easy pickins when there is a million in coverage just sitting there

Comment

Everybody complains about having to pay for auto insurance, but if another driver causes an accident, nobody wants to pay for their injuries and/or vehicle damages themselves.

As for homeowners insurance, I had a water leak 2 weeks that flooded my home while everyone was asleep. It’s going to cost my home insurance company about $30k. It sure makes that $2,500 I paid at the renewal seem cheap by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Are you driving lambo's? I pay under 4k for 4 cars.....2 full, 2 liability. Still a racket

2021 X5M and a 2022 F-250 Lariat.

Comment

Working...
                                X