Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Work smarter, not harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work smarter, not harder

Promised the wife that I would redo the flooring in our den. We have had good luck with vinyl plank flooring, considering we have one cat that thinks a litter box is just a suggestion and cleaning areas of the carpet constantly was a real pain. The only problem is what to do with furniture in the den while working on it since I would have to work on it a little at a time. Biggest issue was the gun safe- I have a 24 gun Winchester gun safe in the den that I wasn't looking forward to moving. Borrowed a heavy duty furniture dolly and move it to the other side of the room from where it was and got started. Well, got to the point where I had to move the safe again to finish the floor and was concerned about moving it back into place on the new flooring without screwing something up on what I had laid. After lots of thought I decided to go Egyptian on the safe- cut me three pieces of pipe 32" long. I tipped the safe back enough to get one under it and after that it was easy to get the other two under it. It was so easy to move the safe by myself with the wife grabbing a piece of pipe as it rolled out from the backside of the safe and put it back under the safe in the front- was even able to turn the safe to line up where I wanted it to go. Went much better than I could have expected. Bottom line, consider all options before doing something you are not looking forward to doing.

Been a lot easier to just get rid of the dang cat‼️

Comment

Golf balls worked well the few times I've had to move my safe.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        I can tell you don't know my wife- that wasn't an option.

Comment

I’ve used the pvc trick several times, and it works great.

I’ve shot a few cats too, and that was a lot more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Reverend!

Comment

Working...
            X